Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blog content on Front page

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to specify which post category will appear in the blog content on the site's entry page. I have many different categories, but I'm afraid only one would be relevant to appear on the first page, instead of the last posts posted.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

WordPress does not provide a means of selecting the content of the homepage, whether dynamic or static.

Unfortunately, you cannot even select the category page you desire to serve as the homepage.

The solution I recommended works, but it's best to have, in my opinion, a static homepage and a blog page, even if you use Special Recent Posts on the homepage. 

Are you familiar with creating a static homepage and blog page?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I use a plugin called Special Recent Posts. On a static homepage, the plugin's customized shortcode allows you to select one or more specific categories to display.  The instructions are a bit complex, but are relatively easy once you get the hang of it.  Since it uses shortcode, you can place a list of posts anywhere you'd like.

Posted · Report post

I don't use a static homepage, but the blog page itself as my site entry.

But I couls as well use a static page if there was the option of showing specific blog posts on it as in the content area.

Posted · Report post

Well, I think so. thanks for the help :)