Photo
- - - - -

Blog content on Front page

Best Answer Rob , 24 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

WordPress does not provide a means of selecting the content of the homepage, whether dynamic or static.

Unfortunately, you cannot even select the category page you desire to serve as the homepage.

The solution I recommended works, but it's best to have, in my opinion, a static homepage and a blog page, even if you use Special Recent Posts on the homepage. 

Are you familiar with creating a static homepage and blog page?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nandorj78

nandorj78

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to specify which post category will appear in the blog content on the site's entry page. I have many different categories, but I'm afraid only one would be relevant to appear on the first page, instead of the last posts posted.

Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hi,

I use a plugin called

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. On a static homepage, the plugin's customized shortcode allows you to select one or more specific categories to display.  The instructions are a bit complex, but are relatively easy once you get the hang of it.  Since it uses shortcode, you can place a list of posts anywhere you'd like.

#3 nandorj78

nandorj78

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't use a static homepage, but the blog page itself as my site entry.

But I couls as well use a static page if there was the option of showing specific blog posts on it as in the content area.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:40 PM   Best Answer

WordPress does not provide a means of selecting the content of the homepage, whether dynamic or static.

Unfortunately, you cannot even select the category page you desire to serve as the homepage.

The solution I recommended works, but it's best to have, in my opinion, a static homepage and a blog page, even if you use Special Recent Posts on the homepage. 

Are you familiar with creating a static homepage and blog page?

#5 nandorj78

nandorj78

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well, I think so. thanks for the help :)