Photo
- - - - -

PayPal Links

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jplace

jplace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

I've repurposed one of the social icons at the top of my iBlogPro setup as a PayPal "Donate" button. When I initially set up the link to the PayPal page it worked as planned. It has since defaulted to a 'fatal error' message. I have redone this (re-pasted the PayPal link and updated the page) and again it worked fine at first, then at some point eventually defaulted to an error message. I have the same PayPal link in one of the feature boxes at the bottom of the page. That iteration of the link has always worked properly. Sooooooo, is there potentially a conflict on the PayPal end, or is there something about pasting a full URL in the social icons at the top? Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated. Here's the site: www.neurochallenge.org

#2 jplace

jplace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:49 AM

OK, I see that I was incorrect in just pasting the URL to the PayPal page and that I need to include form code. So now I need to figure out where to include the form code.

#3 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Not necessarily. Have you tried the secured/saved email link version? Thanks, Bryan

#4 jplace

jplace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Yes, that appears to work. Thanks. For anyone else searching, PayPal gives you the option of selecting code for website or email use. Select the email code, which will be "https://..." instead of "<form..." Very simple.