• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

I had to create a cron job to get wishlist member to work with my shopping cart. Something either in pagelines or my server is interfering. Can you tell me if what my server said (below) is a pagelines issue?:

Hi Lu,

It appears the cron job is running for an excessive amount of time and is being killed by the server's firewall as it appears to be suspicious.

When processes run for too long, it causes problems for your server as the number of processes that can be run at one time are limited by the back end resources. Having the script running for an excessive amount of time can lead to your server slowing down, other processes not being able to run as well as downtime.

I'd recommend contacting your developer and have him review the script that is running when this cron job is fired off, to see if it can be optimized.

Mar 20 17:02:38 redesigningdestiny lfd[15880]: *User Processing* PID:12360 Kill:1 User:harmonic Time:3757 EXE:/usr/bin/php CMD:/usr/bin/php /home/harmonic/public_html/thinkwithyourheart.com/index.php
Mar 20 18:02:49 redesigningdestiny lfd[18563]: *Suspicious Process* PID:15704 PPID:13817 User:harmonic Uptime:3768 secs EXE:/usr/bin/php CMD:/usr/bin/php /home/harmonic/public_html/thinkwithyourheart.com/index.php
Mar 20 18:02:49 redesigningdestiny lfd[18563]: *User Processing* PID:15704 Kill:1 User:harmonic Time:3768 EXE:/usr/bin/php CMD:/usr/bin/php /home/harmonic/public_html/thinkwithyourheart.com/index.php

Thanks,

Derek Stringer
System Administrator, Site5.com

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: FVHG-79283
Department: Level 2 Support

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

What does the cronjob do? PageLines does not have any cronjobs.

#3 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

The cron job is part of a 1shoppingcart & wishlist member integration.

these were the directions given:

Step 4. Setup Cron Job

In order for Wishlist Member to be properly sync with 1ShoppingCart, you must create a Cron job on your server.

Cron Job Details

Settings:

0 * * * *

Command:

/usr/bin/wget -O - -q -t 1

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

· Copy the line above and paste it into the command line of your Cron job.

· Note: If the above command doesn't work, please try the following instead:

/usr/bin/GET -d

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

That page never actually finishes loading, thats why the firewall is flagging it. You should first try it with out the caching plugins, and then with a default theme.

#5 theoptimystic

theoptimystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

I do not have an active caching plugin....and by default theme you mean don't use pagelines?

thanks

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I do not have an active caching plugin....and by default theme you mean don't use pagelines?

thanks

Yes you do..

<!-- Dynamic page generated in 0.680 seconds. -->
<!-- Cached page generated by WP-Super-Cache on 2013-03-23 15:00:36 -->

<!-- Compression = gzip -->
<!-- super cache -->

I mean the default wordpress theme, to see if that cronjob will run without hanging the server.