Photo
- - - - -

Updated to 2.4.1 worked but then updated base theme to 1.0.2 and child theme does not load css anymore

child theme update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 janneke

janneke

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hi please help.

I have succesfully updated the pagelines framework to  2.4.1 and updated the base theme to 1.0.2 and I have created a child theme from base theme 1.0 previously.

Now when I visit my website I see that the upgraded base theme does not load the child theme css anymore. (when debugging in firebug I only see the compiled css)

I have hower created a child theme with custom css.  What is going on?

Can I downgrade my base theme? or can I let the basetheme load the child theme css again?

www.emagiz.com

Please let me now as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Pieter

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Here is the childtheme css, and it is being loaded...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

check the source of the page and you will see it there in the HEAD

#3 janneke

janneke

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hi,

I have fixed it. should I rename the base theme standard folder? because accedentially it had updated the base-theme. Although it was loaded as a child theme on the pagelines framework.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

If you've made your own child theme from the base theme and renamed it, the theme details should be renamed in the inside code to differentiate it from the base theme. That will protect it from accidental update in the future.

#5 munts

munts

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

I seem to be having the same issue here.  As soon as I updated my pagelines framework, I started noticing add CSS issues and when I look at the source via firebug, all the styles that I need to update are now in the compiled css.  Is this standard and if I want to make changes, do I make them in the compiled css file or do I add new styles to the base theme's style.css?

Thanks,

Munts

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hi, 

Don't worry about compiled CSS. As the name implies, it simply means that the sources of CSS in the site are compiled into one place, simplifying the load process.

You add CSS, as normal, via the child theme's stylesheet, via the PageLines Customize plugin's stylesheet or, via Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code. Any customized code should override any found in the compiled CSS when your site renders in browser.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: child theme, update