Photo
- - - - -

RSS Assistance

Best Answer James B , 22 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

Hi Holly,

To add your rss with your feedburner url, you'll need to use a piece of code which will set this. Please see - http://www.pagelines...feedburner-url/ there's a post on there from our developer with the code included.

I've never used feedly and don't know much about it to be honest. But looking here - http://blog.feedly.c...ting-to-feedly/ it seems there's a number of views and options you can choose, one of them being 'titles only'. Maybe something in the settings is out slightly? It's obviously picking up the feed, just filtering stuff out somewhere.

We'll leave this thread open in case someone can shed some light on the above for you.

Try the filter for the feedburner link and let us know how you get on :-)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Holly McCaig

Holly McCaig

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Missouri, USA
  • Framework Version:Professional

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Hang with me here. I have searched and fiddled all day...I'm giving in and just asking.

My site:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- static homepage, and the /blog directory for the blog.

I couldn't get Feed Burner to burn my feed. Came across errors that I don't have written down. Did lots of searching and found a plugin to be at fault (Author Profiles). I love that plugin, so I do have a message into that developer. But, my point now is that I was able to validate the feed and burn it, but when I click on the RSS icon on our website it's not pointing to the correct feed.

My feed should be:

After doing Feed Burner it is:

When you enter the first of the two, it redirects to:

When I click the second, it shows me the feed.

1) Should I not see the feed based on the original after I've burned it?

Now, I went into my plugins, and in the midst of this day I installed Fix Rss Feed plugin, which didn't help me. But, the funny thing is that once you run it, it says:

Success, your rss feed had been fixed, you can check it from

Which clearly isn't the feed.

2) Is there something I'm missing with regards to a static page on the main directory and our blog on the /blog path? It's all one installation and I login to the admin panel via

And, finally - Thanks for reading a designer, and not a coder's plea for help.

I've started moving my feeds over to Feedly since Google Reader is closing. I checked my own feed in there, and while I can see a preview of the "featured" image, when I open the link to read a post within the reader I get a blank display. See attached for both screens of that.

1h6.png

366.png

3) Why am I not seeing the blog display in my feed reader? I can with other blogs I have set up.

And, if this isn't a PageLines issue, can anyone direct me to where I can get this resolved? I am ready to pull my hair out and pay someone.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:26 AM   Best Answer

Hi Holly,

To add your rss with your feedburner url, you'll need to use a piece of code which will set this. Please see -

there's a post on there from our developer with the code included.

I've never used feedly and don't know much about it to be honest. But looking here -

it seems there's a number of views and options you can choose, one of them being 'titles only'. Maybe something in the settings is out slightly? It's obviously picking up the feed, just filtering stuff out somewhere.

We'll leave this thread open in case someone can shed some light on the above for you.

Try the filter for the feedburner link and let us know how you get on :-)

#3 Holly McCaig

Holly McCaig

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for responding, James. I'll check that post out.

RE: Feedly. I'm new to it too. I asked around for a Google Reader alternative and the majority seemed to recommend it. I made a change to the view options from magazine to cards and that seemed to work.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Have the issues been resolved ?

#5 Holly McCaig

Holly McCaig

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yes, we can mark it resolved. I have moved my question over to another thread related to it per James. Thanks!