Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full page background while keeping the content box

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Guys and Gals -

How is everybody? 

I have a new question for you. I am pretty sure it is simple and I am just missing it. On my site tcihotels.com, I have a full page background picture of the ocean; its the first page you see when you got to the site. I can add content but you cant read because the background is overwhelming the text.

I want to be able to have the full page background pic, while also having the normal content box, For example: http://atlantisvacations.com/  This site has a full page background as well as the the content box where all the content is readable.

How can I accomplish this using pagelines? I would like to have full page caribbean themes on my pages

Thank you 

Joshua

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, if you're looking to put a color behind the content area of your page, then you'll need to make sure the site is set to 'fixed width mode' first in the layout edit.

Then you can go to Pagelines>site options>color control and set the color for the content area. This will color the page canvas area behind the content in front of the background image.

Posted · Report post

Thank you much! got it done 

Heres another question, can I hire someone to help me develop the sites? can you recommend anyone who is a pagelines developer?

Joshua

Posted · Report post

I am now - thank you!

Joshua

Posted · Report post

No problem!