7 replies to this topic

#1 dfsdafd23

dfsdafd23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Hey! I have 2 challenges:

1: I would like to be able to content/sections next to each other instead of on top of each other. An example of this could be the header of this page: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, that has the logo and secondary nav next to each other. Do you know how to?

2: I would like to be able to put content on top of other content, e.g.  put links on top of a header image as is done on the same page as before 

My page is

Any help is appreciated and thanks for a great theme!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17919 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hi,

1. The link you provided in my opinion doesn't really show sections alongside one another. What is shows to me, is different posts in a three column layout, this can be achieve by using the Magazine mode. Although this is two columns. If you want a column layout similar to the site you link, you could try using the PostPins section or AnyLoop, both available from the PageLines store.

2. Unfortunately, its not possible to put two content sections on top of one another. However, you can use the ContentBox section as a work around, the ContentBox can be cloned and support HTML and shortcodes.

If you want a similar Header layout as the site you linked, you could try using the BrandNav section and add the search field using a hook.

#3 dfsdafd23

dfsdafd23

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Hey Ninja! Thanks a lot for you swift response. I may not have been clear enough in my explanation, so I'll try again. What I'm trying to do is to move a content box next to my navigation (arrow in the picture). I'm able to make a content box in the header, and I'm also able to style it, but when I try to move it, the white space it originally appeared in is still there (the box in the image). I want to remove that white space.

Regards,

Anders

Attached Files

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just to clarify, if the contentbox is moved to the top right corner, the excess white space in the header still exists?

#5 dfsdafd23

dfsdafd23

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hey Catrina! Well, I am able to put the content of the contentbox to the desired position with CSS, but the actual box below the navigation remains. I'm not able to put the actual contentbox div next to the navigation. Thanks for answering :) 

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Ah okay, I see what you mean. The way Drag & Drop works, the section will always be activated/positioned immediately below the one on top of it, so that's why the actual contentbox can't actually move next to the navigation. I think if you needed content directly to the right, you'll need to use a hook in the header. For more info on hooks, please see:

• dfsdafd23 likes this

#7 dfsdafd23

dfsdafd23

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hey Catrina. That was exactly what I feared, haha. Well I guess I have to hit the books, then. Thanks for your help.

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

There's also a section called business branding which allows for content to be added into the header area alongside the nav.

Check out -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: header, content