Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adding javascript to Headerscripts Code

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I've been given a bit of javascript code to add to my Pagelines Framework (v 2.0.0.) WP v 3.3.1 website which I thought would go in the Headerscripts Code area...

Query(document).ready(function() {

var elm = jQuery('#'+document.location.hash.replace('#',''));

if (elm.attr('href')) {

elm.addClass('highlighted');

}

});

I don't know javascript - do I have to put something round the code to add it or save it as a file somewhere else then call it from the Headerscripts code area with something like the following?...

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/emailpage.js"></script>

Many thanks in advance! :)

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Well you should be able to add the code either way, by adding the code itself to the header scripts or add it to a file, upload that file to your server and then link it like I mentioned above.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Adding this to your Header Scripts should work, just remember to use the full URL.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/emailpage.js"></script>

Also, PageLines 2.0.0 ?

I recommend you perform a backup and upgrade to the latest version which is version 2.4.1

Posted · Report post

Hi,

There is no url at the moment - that is what I was asking... do I need to save the code I've been given...

if (elm.attr('href')) {

}

});

into a file? If so how do I do this?  I take it I can't just paste the code above directly into the Headerscripts Code area?

The site is a copy of another site created ages ago so I'm not planning to upgrade at this point in time.

Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

I added the code itself directly to the headerscript area as it looked like the quickest / most obvious option but when I looked at the site the code was appearing at the very top of the website on screen - so I thought perhaps I need to wrap some code round it.

So you are saying the following placed directly in the Headerscript Code should work?...

if (elm.attr('href')) {

}

});

Posted · Report post

I've just tried putting <script> and </script> round the code in the Headscripts area and that seems to have done the trick, well no error anyway - now to see if the code added works!

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to help! :D