Photo
- - - - -

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/59/6611259/html/index.php:3) in /home/content/59/

Website Messed up

Best Answer suecockburn , 21 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for your reply James.

Yes, I'm able to get into the admin area and I've re-installed Wordpress 3.5.1 and that seems to have done the trick! YAY!

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH :D :D :D

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

The following warning is appearing in Chrome, Safari and on iPhone when trying to open

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/59/6611259/html/index.php:3) in /home/content/59/6611259/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

In Firefox the site is viewable but completely skewed.

The website theme was moved to Pagelines in February and about a week ago the subject notice started popping up. We were advised today of the problem and have been told by the hosting company that it is tied to script somewhere on the site (they indicated the home page but changing this made no difference).

Any suggestions on how to fix? I've disabled some of the plugins without effect.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hi Sue

Are you able to get into the admin area still? Reading the above it seems like somethings gone wrong in the index.php file, maybe some unwanted spaces or code.

Download a fresh copy of wordpress and extract the index.php, then compare it to the index.php on the hosting account to see if there's any differences.

What was the last thing they were doing on the site before the message started appearing?

#3 suecockburn

suecockburn

Advanced Member

• Members

• 43 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:03 AM   Best Answer

Thanks for your reply James.

Yes, I'm able to get into the admin area and I've re-installed Wordpress 3.5.1 and that seems to have done the trick! YAY!

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH :D :D :D