Photo
Collapser

Plus/minus sign not showing correctly on Collapser posts.

Best Answer tmeister , 21 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

The first thing i see is that you are not using the proper PageLines section installer.

You are copying the section directly into the pagelines theme and this is so bad for 2 reasons.

1.- if you need to upgrade the Framework, all the contents in the themes/pagelines folder will be override.

2.- All the store sections need to be stored in the wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ folder in order to keep the paths. so thats why the image path is wrong.

So, in order to fix the issue you need to remove the collapser section from the pagelines theme folder and install it via the store or copy the folder in the correct path.

Let me paste you the a text from the official docs:

Sections

Sections allow you to drag & drop professional web design into your site.

Install PageLines Sections Plugin

Before adding sections, you need to install and activate the PageLines Sections Plugin.
From your WordPress Administration Panel:

Select the “PageLines” panel, then “Store”
Select “Sections”
Click “Install it Now”
A black overlay appears showing “Plugin Installed” successfully”
You can now “Add Sections”

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 actorswebmaster

actorswebmaster

• Members

• 15 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR
  • Framework Version:1.03

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

I'm having the exact same issue as this thread: http://www.pagelines...gn-into-header/

Instead of the plus/minus image in my collapser posts, I get a broken image icon on mouse hover. It should be showing the more.png or less.png images located in /collapser/images/.

The op of the above thread said "it was resolved: plugins / themes / wrong path" which isn't giving me much to work with.

Line 38 of color.less has the following code:

background: url("@{plExtendRoot}/collapser/images/more.png") 15px no-repeat;

and a similar line further down for less.png.

Do i need to do something to this? On my server, more.png is in [Site I'm working on].com/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/collapser/images/more.png.

I haven't modified the section in any way. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

#2 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 168 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:54 PM   Best Answer

The first thing i see is that you are not using the proper PageLines section installer.

You are copying the section directly into the pagelines theme and this is so bad for 2 reasons.

1.- if you need to upgrade the Framework, all the contents in the themes/pagelines folder will be override.

2.- All the store sections need to be stored in the wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections/ folder in order to keep the paths. so thats why the image path is wrong.

So, in order to fix the issue you need to remove the collapser section from the pagelines theme folder and install it via the store or copy the folder in the correct path.

Let me paste you the a text from the official docs:

Sections

Sections allow you to drag & drop professional web design into your site.

Install PageLines Sections Plugin

Before adding sections, you need to install and activate the PageLines Sections Plugin.
From your WordPress Administration Panel:

Select the “PageLines” panel, then “Store”
Select “Sections”
Click “Install it Now”
A black overlay appears showing “Plugin Installed” successfully”
You can now “Add Sections”

• Jenny likes this

#3 actorswebmaster

actorswebmaster

• Members

• 15 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Thank you for the quick response. I will try this out as soon as I can and get back with the results.

#4 actorswebmaster

actorswebmaster

• Members

• 15 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I already had the sections plugin installed but was not using it correctly and instead was placing all my extra sections in the wrong place, like you mentioned.

I've moved them to the proper directory and everything is working as intended. Issue resolved! Thanks again for the quick and detailed support!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Collapser