3 replies to this topic

#1 patadura

patadura

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTandil, Argentina
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

i need put video in excerpts, like "featured image". Something help me for this problem.
(sorry for my poor english :startle:  )

thanks

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hi there, featured image populates the image thumb area of the excerpt. There's nothing similar for inserting videos unfortunately. If you could let use know exactly what type of effect you're trying to setup we might be able to advise a workaround for you.

Are you looking to create a grid of videos, something like a youtube search page? Is this what you mean by adding the video to the excerpts?

#3 patadura

patadura

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTandil, Argentina
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Hi James, thanks for your response.
I do not need any particular effect, just add a video instead of the thumbnail in the extract. But you tell me that can not put a video.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

No unfortunately the excerpt will only accept text directly. The image area which holds the thumbnail is a separate area coded into the framework which automatically pulls the thumbnail from the featured image. It won't hold videos sadly. The only way I think you'd be able to get something like this working would be to create a custom coded version of the postloop section which has additional features.

Or if you want to switch from using excerpts to 'full posts' on your blog, and you had the video inside the single post content, then it would show on the page. Those changes can be made in Pagelines>site options>blogs and posts.