• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Hi there, I used your scrollex on my first site no worries and it works great www.consultgreenenergy.co.uk but I have tried to use it on 2 sites since and the scroll action doesnt seem to work? I have disabled all my plugins but still doesnt work...

Any Ideas as to how to fix it? currently trying to put it on here http://itsimpossible...nity-broadband/ as you will see its not scrolling...

Also while Im on..lol Is it supposed to adjust its stile to the sites? I played in the css to change bits but think it might not like the transparency theme as it shows a white background?

:( cheers Paul

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

You have quite a few plugins and thing active. Disable everything until you find what' causing the conflict. Something is preventing it from working correctly.

#3 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hi there, Yes I thought something might have and I tried turning them all off, I have even installed it on a new setup and it still wont work? it's here http://nationalvehic...om/sample-page/

It is the only plugin, pagelines or otherwise? very odd it is working in my other site consultgreenenergy.co.uk 

If you need to I can let you into that site to have a look...? many thanks for getting back...:)

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Ya maybe something didn't get installed correctly. Next, i would go in and actually re=install the section manually just to make sure nothing was corrupted on install or anything.

#5 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi there

Ok I have checked and double checked this and it still isnt scrolling...? v odd its on here http://nationalvehic...om/sample-page/

There is nothing else there... I have removed all trace of it, downloaded the package again v1.01 there are 13 files and uploaded them manually, I have checked all 13 on on my server and pagelines says its installed... no other pagelines plugins, sections not even a theme...

I need to get it going as I want to use it on a new site...:( I am happy for you to login to the wp admin and have ftp details if you want to try and track the issue?

my email is paul@blueskycreative.co I can email details if you let me know thats what you want to do? Thanks...

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

You have something conflicting with the section, there's no doubt about it. Are you running a child theme? Disable it. Disable all other 3rd party sections and themes until you find what's preventing it from not working correctly. If there was anything I could do from my end I would, but again, it's something that you have on your install that's preventing it from working correctly.

#7 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hi Nick

I have had another look at this and cant work out whats going on, I have tried it loads of ways... I have even made a short screencast of me doing it too.. Its in my dropbox here .mp4 

Video

Hope this helps, its an odd one, this site is on the same server as the one working on www.consultgreenenery.co.uk

Your help is appreciated...

#8 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I see it not working on the site, but I couldn't tell you what was going on at all. Does it work without the child theme? You are running a 3rd party child theme right?  The only way it wont work, is if something is conflicting with it. There's just no way around it.

#9 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hi Nick, No not running a child theme, its straight in the pagelines framework. I will keep trying with it, something must be stopping it as It worked in one of my sites but not since, I have been trying it in every new install I have set up sine and it wont go.....

Oh well, thanks for your time..

#10 BlueSkyCreative

BlueSkyCreative

• Members

• 17 posts
  • LocationAshford, Kent

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hi Nick just as a further update, I did have scrollex working prior to me contacting you on a website consultgreenenergy.co.uk and I have just performed pagelines and a couple of plugin updates on the site and noticed the scrollex no longer works on there either.

So it looks like there may be something with updated versions of either pagelines or plugins, I will try again and track it down but funny it was the only site that it was working on, I updated pagelines framework and a couple of plugins and it doesnt now work...

? I think it could be the pagelines framework...as on other sites I have tried it on recently have had no plugins etc but were the newer pagelines framework?

Odd the mystery continues...Can anyone else replicate it not working? Is it ok with everyone else out there?

Paul

#11 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Ya its' pretty strange indeed. I have the demo running on the most recent version and seems to be ok.

http://scrollex.nichola.us/

I haven't had any other reports of it not working either. Are you getting any js errors at all or anything? I dont remember seeing any.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scrollex, scrollex