#1 tjcuk

tjcuk

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to change 2 things on my blog:

1) thumbnail size

2) headings of blog previews (font size)

I have managed to change te thumbs slightly, by changing them in Settings > Media. I also used the suggested "Image Gallery Reloaded" plugin. However, there seems to be a limit to what I can extent the thumbs to. As an example, I set the thumbnail image size to 300px x 300px, but the thumbs on the website are only 180px x 180px.

Regarding the headings, I had a good look in your forum and downloaded a couple of plugins, but nothing seems to work. Please let me know where I can change the font size of the headings that preview all blog posts on the homepage.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Doreen

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hi Doreen 

Even though you've re-sized the thumbnails the blog page is scaling down a bit, you'll need to use css to cancel this out.  

If you're using firebug to inspect the code you'll also see that the blog page does have some restrictions  in regard to the image size, the container is set to scale the image down to 25% of the width.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Turn that off and the image jumps to the full size.

You'll also need to use a little css to change the size of the font used in the headings.

If you've not used css before inside the framework, take a look at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which will give you an overview of the process and the tools we suggest to use to find the various id's and selectors

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heading, thumbnails