• Members

• 249 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Website URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Framework Version: 2.4.1
WordPress Version: 3.5.1
Plugins in Use: Breadcrumb NavXT, Grid Shortcodes, LambertGroup - Zoom In/Out Effect Sliders Full Collection,

ThreeWP Activity Monitor, PageLines Googlefonts, Pagelines Sections, ThreeWP Activity Monitor, Xhanch - My              

Server/Host: HostGator

Details:

I am trying to style our website's menu similar to 

however I am using Nav Classic and want the dropdown menu to stay closely the same to how it comes out of the box, but I need the main-nav to look like netdreams.co.uk

Currently here is all the CSS that I've applied to the menu/submenu:

However, there are a few problems that I'm having.  I need the background with blue top border to stay on active page, even if it is a child nav item that is the active page WITHOUT making the active background of the subnav have the same background.  Also, when "Company" is the active page, it has a white background... I can't figure out why it does this on the "Company" page alone. 

Last but not least - the blue-top-border-bg shows about 1px black space above the blue bar when hovering, yet I can not figure out how to remove it. 

If anybody can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Steve

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hi Steve

Ok the black line is being caused by the 'border-width' command in the below css you have on the site.

I see all the pages with a white background (firefox mac) how are you setting the bg color? Via the color control tab or in css?

I'm not sure I've following the part about the active menu, you mean the menu at the top of the page you want to keep the blue line on the parent item when the child page is active? You could try using the ID for the menu item to control that.