Photo
- - - - -

Images not resizing inside boxes

boxes

Best Answer Danny , 19 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi Kevin,

Although your images have the same height, they have different widths. Your images have been resized, but with both images have different widths, the resize can only do so much. I suggest editing your images so that they both have the same width, this will resolve your issue.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevinpaul

kevinpaul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

I am trying to use boxes and have 1 image for each box, 3 boxes in a row. I have resized each image to 600px length, and uploaded them to my wordpress media library. However when I add each image to its box, none of the images appear to be showing as resized because they are all showing different lengths.

Here is the url:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I am using wordpress version 3.5.1

Plugins used:

Tubepress

Pagelines Sections

NextGEN Gallery

Contact Form Plugin

Thank you,

Kevin

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:56 AM   Best Answer

Hi Kevin,

Although your images have the same height, they have different widths. Your images have been resized, but with both images have different widths, the resize can only do so much. I suggest editing your images so that they both have the same width, this will resolve your issue.

#3 kevinpaul

kevinpaul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I still don't quite understand. If I have resized the images outside of pagelines, why can't pagelines accurately reflect that change of size? I've done it so each image lines up horizontally and not staggered as it looks right now (which looks rubbish). I think different widths are easier on the eye than different heights.

It's not possible to get both height and width the same for each image because each image is different. If I make them all the same height and width then whey will lose their correct aspect ratio.

Is there no way at all to get the images lined up horizontally?

Thanks,

Kevin

#4 kevinpaul

kevinpaul

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Fixed. Thanks :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boxes