• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

I see the same thing on all computers (iMac, MacBook, office PC, iPhone, and iPad). Below is the image before I hoover. Also, as far as I could tell, while all images are 600x400 pixels, they are cropped at the bottom. 

pi.jpg

#22 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I went to your site and I do not see that, I see the gallery right away.

http://screencast.com/t/3hYWVEOI

#23 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

This is puzzling. Do you see it after you clear up the cache? I see the same outcome on any computer device (and have tried quite a few).

#24 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

I have recorded a video. I do not see any issues with the gallery section of Projects. You can see this video of me operating the gallery, and it does not require a hover, and works just as it should.

http://screencast.com/t/laPXM8c3O

If you require any more assistance please let me know.

Nick

#25 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks. This is helpful. Your video indeed shows at least two of the problems:

1. the carousel pictures don't change until you hover or click on the arrows.

2. the gallery begins with image #2, rathe than image #1.

At least at my end, the gallery image show in the first place only after you "play" a bit with the page. I can't say that this product works well, or that your video shows that it works. But I am not going to argue over that. I really like your products. This one simply doesn't seem to work well on my website (it may work well on others). I've tried it on a good number of computers and devices, and it doesn't seem to work well on your computer. No hard feelings at my end. 

#26 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

I sort of feel like I'm being played with a bit. Like settings are being changed as I'm writing responses. I just visited your site, again, and its working, just as it should be, without requiring a hover. You have the interval filled out, so its auto playing. When I visited it last time, it was not auto playing, because you did not have the interval filled out.

Again I checked my local copy and do not see any issues at all, nor can I replicate anything that you are seeing. Without being able to replicate it, I simply can't fix it. I see this as working just as it should. This is the ONLY complaint of this nature which is leading me to believe you have something weird with your install. What that is, I wish I could tell you.

*Edit*

I'm gonna change the gallery. It's been un-reliable from the start. I had some colleagues check, and they see different things than what I  am seeing, and while its auto starting, sometimes it doesnt. I have no early idea why this is, so this, along with the height issue on portrait images, means i"m going to switch this out. I'll update you when I have a new gallery in place.

#27 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

i recommend thinking your information architecture through and considering the principle of: 

* give people the fastest access to the info you are providing possible

* that means the best most concise cleanest Table Of Contents right then and there

* it means the lowest amount-of-clicks

if people want to come back to a topic buried in image 4 of a 7 image carousel, they need to wait several seconds just to find what they want to read. 

YES, use a carousel to create excitement and have people click on hot topics...

but NOT: do not use a carousel for navigation. why? because navigation must be obvious and work quickly to save people time. 

...does that help?

#28 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I have no interest in wasting the time of any person, let alone mine. As far as I know, the interval has always been on 2000, with the exception of a few moments that I tried to see whether something changes if I delete the interval. It may be my karma or something else, but I can only say what I see here (see image below, taken now). I installed projects in another website of mine. In that website the images in the gallery appear but they don't start changing unless I click on one of the navigation arrows. The problems remain when I deactivate all plugins. 

I don't think that you should try to resolve a problem that exists only on my website(s). 

Re dainismichel's note: I am not sure how is it related to a situation when the images in the carousel don't change. 

Thanks for everything.

projects.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pockets, gallery