• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I love Projects. The images in the gallery appear and start changing only if the mouse in the image area (no need to click). If I open and close a  project box than the image gallery may show, but not change before I move the mouse.  Any suggestion?

(I saw in the forum that you are aware of the cropping of images).

Thanks.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hmm kinda weird. I just pulled up the demo and the gallery starts without having to mouse over it.

#3 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

You already knew that about the demo (I assume). It is weird indeed. Everything works perfectly but that. If it helps, the gallery often starts with image #2. See http://www.regulationonline.net

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I didn't already know that about the demo, I just pulled it up to test as it's the same product that is on the store. I cant replicate the behavior that you're talking about. I would start disabling all 3rd party sections and plugins until you find what's causing the conflict.

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just wanted to check in to see if you've managed to find the issue, and if you need any further assistance.

Nick

#6 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Thanks. I deactivated all plugins and sections other than Projects but it didn't change anything. All the pix are in the recommended size and were shrunk through JPEGmini. 

#7 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I went to your site, and you still have a lot of plugins active. I cannot replicate the behavior locally, on my demo, and nobody else has reported any issues of this nature, so I really don't know what to do next. If I can't replicate an issue, I can't provide a fix.

#8 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

All plugins are now deactivated. The only installed section is Projects. I'd love to reactive the plugins again asap for obvious reasons.

thanks.

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Ya just not sure what to tell you. It's something on your site that's preventing it from working correctly. Try interval of 5000 instead of 2000 to match the demo just to rule out lower than minimum speeds. 

#10 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Thanks. I am a big fan of your products. It is a bummer that this one doesn't work. Do you have any remote intuition about what it may be? I haven't customized anything. I am using the Pagelines framework with a few plugins that were deactivated for the purpose of the exercise. 

Could it be related to the server/hosting services I am using (inmotion)? I tried it on my personal website (in which I have am using your Citi Theme) and had the same outcome. 

Thanks again.

#11 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

ya you know what that does suck because I checked locally and it's also not doing it. Can you email me some login info? I'll investigate. email@nickhaskins.com

*edit*
scratch that, i just was able to replicate it! Awesome!! OK lemme check it out may be a while.

#12 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Nick,

Do you need access to my website (or something else), or do you have it replicated?

#13 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

No I do not need access I replicated and fixed this last night. Just going to put a few more things in this update and will send it out today.

#14 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Thanks for everything. Your non-nonsesne quality is truly impressive. 

#15 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Nick: Thanks for the update. Something change in the carousel, but it still requires a hover (now sometimes even a mouse click) to start. 

I see that I mistakenly classified this thread as "Pockets" rather than "Projects." I apologize for that.

#16 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I updated this last night. It does NOT require a hover to start. By default it will do nothing unless you fill in the interval under Page Options.

#17 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I saw your instructions with the update. I filled the interval under the Page Options. Still it doesn't start.

#18 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

lol then clear out your cache. I spotted the bug, and fixed it. This gallery, does not, require a hover to start.

#19 NameSake

NameSake

Advanced Member

• Members

• 49 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

I have done that, of course. The pix in the carousel are still cropped (and yes, it is upgraded to 1.1.1). 

#20 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

I just went to your site, and your images in your galleries are loading and are rotating as they should. I did not have to "hover" over them to get them to start. If you do not fill out the interval, the gallery will not go by itself. 

Please confirm that you are seeing the same thing on your site, as I see on your live site. From my end, it does not appear to be any issues at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pockets, gallery