Photo
- - - - -

Why can't I see content?

Best Answer James B , 19 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hi there,

If you go into the drag and drop page. Click on the right hand layout image at the top of the page, into the area 'content-area' so it highlights blue. Then scroll down and click on the default template. Scroll down to the activate list and make sure the 'postloop' section is in the left hand column. This is required to display the page content and the sidebar etc.

You'll need to make sure that the 'content' section is in the page template area, and that 'postloop' is in the content-area on each template to make sure that the actual posts/page content displays in each template.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Florida
  • Framework Version:2.22

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Using pagelines framework V 3.5.1. actual page site> 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have a black background and primary text in white but unable to see the content on page. I am using Template|default which has as an active section the "content" section, which is also not "hidden" by default.

I had 6 plugins which are right now "deactivated. But still having problem.

2 questions:

1) what is the cause of this?

2) Is it possible to have a different color for every page. In other words, is it possible to have certain pages white while others black?

Thanks

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hi,

Several things can cause this, but the fact that you've deactivated the plugins disqualifies my first thought.

Let's look then at things which may have been hidden. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > and see if anything is hidden (checked).

I know that it's not hidden on the page basis, so it must be something global. Both content and branding are hidden somehow.

#3 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

checed on "page options" as you had indicated. went from "site defaults" to "404 page" and none of them had anything checked.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm not sure why, but the only thing showing is outside the templates.  Make sure in Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop that you have all the proper elements in the sections.

Also, deactivate your plugins other than ones you installed via PageLines.

#5 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Rob, 

Not sure what you mean by outside the template. Like I indicated before, there are NO plugins active right now, from 3rd party or from Pagelines. Im not sure what else to check. The elements appear to be ok. One thing I do not understand though is that on the page set up, there are "Default Page - Basic Template" which is on the left column per say and "Default Page - Content Area", which is on the right hand side. Now, the "Default Page - Content Area" shows on the content: area is empty. 

I'm enclosing a screen shot so you know what I'm talking about.

Come on, this cant be this difficult!    I had no issues with Platform Pro.

Attached Files

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:02 AM   Best Answer

Hi there,

If you go into the drag and drop page. Click on the right hand layout image at the top of the page, into the area 'content-area' so it highlights blue. Then scroll down and click on the default template. Scroll down to the activate list and make sure the 'postloop' section is in the left hand column. This is required to display the page content and the sidebar etc.

You'll need to make sure that the 'content' section is in the page template area, and that 'postloop' is in the content-area on each template to make sure that the actual posts/page content displays in each template.

#7 chisim11

chisim11

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

There you go James, you got it to work. Had no clue about this PostLoop.

Can you answer the 2nd question I had above:

Is it possible to have a different color for every page. In other words, is it possible to have certain pages white while others black?

And lastly, in the past I was able to see the previous responses that I had from you guys, but cannot find them anymore. Where to go to find this?

Thanks again for your help