• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me how can I put a divider line after branding and after each Post excerpt in Homepage.

I tried using firebug but couldn't locate the correct css.

Any quick help is appreciated.

• Smarvelayerse likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Hi,

Firebug or your browsers built-in web developer tools will not provide you with the correct CSS, you will need to do this yourself. What these tools allow you to do is inspect the specific area in which you wish to add/make changes to the CSS, they also allow you to find the correct class(es) need to accomplish your layout/style.

Be sure to also check out our CSS Customization section in our documentation to give you a good head start on CSS changes you can make.

http://support.pagel...ion/custom-css/

#3 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Danny,

The link you have provided me is like entire encyclopaedia. I will definitely go through it..

but I would appreciate if you can pinpoint a particular topic of interest or provide me css for it..

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout. If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance 

http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

#5 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

This is not a major customization..it Should not be more than 1-2 line of css. All I am asking you is to provide me what area of document should I refer to??

I don't know,  if it is personally to me!! Every-time I ask, I am asked to contact pros..

However, the forum is filled with such similar requests where the moderators actively participates and answer their queries.

This puts me down!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Here is more specific info.

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css. For help with the bottom border attribute (since you want to add bottom divider lines for branding and post excerpts), please see these instructions: http://www.w3schools...rder-bottom.asp

#7 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Catrnia..You have given me the very same link given by Danny,,,

It's of no help!

You are asking me to use firebug

Answer me this :" How to locate divider line after each post using Firebug when it does not exists??"

#8 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

This is insane...

You are replying to the very same issue here... http://www.pagelines...hl=divider line

but not helping me when raised by me!

I followed that thread too, but did not achieved the result..!!

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

The divider line doesn't exist, but the element you're trying to add it to does. You'll need to use the selector for that element to apply the border. For example, if you are adding a divider to the bottom of the branding area the CSS code would look something like this:

#page div.branding_wrap {border-bottom: 1px solid #000;}

#10 manojgupta26

manojgupta26

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

does't work

#11 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hi Manoj,

Apologies for any confusion.  My colleagues are trying to say that because this is not a normal part of the code for the blog entries, it takes some CSS modifications.  I suspect however, that you may need to test CSS, and if this fails, need to implement a class using a hook. Doing this would allow you to hide the class (thus the line) on specific pages, as you desire. The new class would help considerably.

#12 colmdoyle

colmdoyle

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

try

.hentry .hentry-pad {
border-bottom: 1px solid black;
padding: 0 0 25px;
}

• James B likes this

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

If you want to customize PageLines Framework or DMS, such as adding a border between posts. You will need to use custom CSS and therefore, will need to use the web dev tools in your browser or FireBug. I recommend Google Chromes web dev tools, if you're not comfortable using the web dev tools, I recommend you visit code school. They provide a free online tutorial which has you doing tasks that learn you how to use the web dev tools. http://www.codeschoo...scover-devtools