Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot find right editor template folder to change css

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi.

I am having extreme problems locating the right template folder in the appearance>editor section of wordpress, in which to change the CSS. I have used 'inspect element' and tweaked the CSS so that the buttons on my features slider are rectangular, instead of rounded rectangles. Now that I want to go in and change it for good, I cannot find this bit of code anywhere, in order to change it. I tried following a tutorial that said about copying and pasting from firebug into the CSS section of the site options, but it didn't work, and in the tutorial I can't really see what is being highlighted, so I don't even know whether I am copying and pasting the right thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Rudi

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

We do not recommend editing core files and also do not support it. Therefore, I suggest you take a look at our customisation methods and custom CSS documentation.

http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/

Posted · Report post

Could you link us to your site please and give us an example of the code you have been using? 

Posted · Report post

Hi. The site is www.dachadecor.co.uk

The code I have been using/trying to find is:

#featurenav a {
  1. margin0 8px 4px 0;
  2. padding1px 10px 0;
  3. -webkit-border-radius1px;
  4. -moz-border-radius1px;
  5. border-radius1px;

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

have you accidentally missed the } from the end of that code when you pasted it? 

Posted · Report post

Yes. I have just done that and it has worked. I do apologise for the idiocy. Just one more thing, where would I find this in the proper editor, outside of pagelines - which section would it be in would it be in within the wordpress editor, if I wanted to change it there?

Posted · Report post

Alright Danny, nice one. Thanks a lot.

Posted · Report post

No problem.