Photo
- - - - -

help! Lost my site.

Best Answer Rob , 17 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Okay, FTP into your site.  Navigate to wp-content/plugins and remove the pagelines-customize folder entirely.  Don't delete it. Just move it down to your local computer so that it's no longer present in the site.

Then, go to http://www.pagelines...hpad/member.php and login.  Go to the Account area and download the latest version of PageLines Framework.  Unzip the zip file to your desktop. It will have a folder in it called "pagelines" (without the quotes).

Now via FTP, navigate to wp-content/themes and locate the pagelines folder.  Remove it. Don't download it or move it down.  This can be deleted.  Once the removal is complete, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to the same place.  See if you can login.

Once we get that far, we can address the pagelines-customize plugin folder after.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Framework Version:the latest!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Dear staff,

I have just edited the pagelines functions.php (as recommended by a plugin creator!!) and now I cannot retrieve/see anything on my site, also I cannot login into wordpress dashboard. All I get is a blank white page. I also am not sure if I should replace it with an original functions.php via ftp.

Any suggestions? Anybody??

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks..

Tamar

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi Tamar,

Sorry to hear about this. 

Which functions.php file did you edit? The one in the pagelines-customize folder or another one?  If so, did you have any other customizations in that functions.php file?

#3 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply, I think it was the pagelines one (not 100% sure) and no, apart from that one addition I had no other customizations.

What should I do!?

#4 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

yes, it's definitely the pagelines customization php. I found it on ftp on my mac but I can't edit it, it's 'locked'. Would that do the trick?

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:46 PM   Best Answer

Okay, FTP into your site.  Navigate to wp-content/plugins and remove the pagelines-customize folder entirely.  Don't delete it. Just move it down to your local computer so that it's no longer present in the site.

Then, go to

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and login.  Go to the Account area and download the latest version of PageLines Framework.  Unzip the zip file to your desktop. It will have a folder in it called "pagelines" (without the quotes).

Now via FTP, navigate to wp-content/themes and locate the pagelines folder.  Remove it. Don't download it or move it down.  This can be deleted.  Once the removal is complete, upload the pagelines folder from your desktop to the same place.  See if you can login.

Once we get that far, we can address the pagelines-customize plugin folder after.

#6 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ok! I fixed it!! :D To do this, I was about to try the steps you described but wanted to see it just removing the text I added and putting back the file would work. And it did!

So thank you for your advice. I'll be upgrading to the latest pagelines asap....

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Great! Glad to hear it's fixed.

#8 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member