all theme settings empty and custom css vanished after domain changesettings empty custom css vanished domain change
Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 PM
I hope you can help. All settings, the custom css, analytics code and so on vanished in the platform pro settings.
What have I done? I made a domain change - ok, i tried it!
What I have done:
- logged in ftp, created a new file "marcborries"
- took the whole existing wordpress files and put them in "marcborries"
- open the wp-config.php and edit:
define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://www.my-new-domain.de'); define('WP_HOME', 'http://www.my-new-domain.de');
- wordpress login is positive, all pictures, post and site-content are fine
- with search and replace I changed all my-old-domain.de in my-new-domain.de
- i went to front-end: its terrible, no header-logo, only chaos
- I take a look in the platform pro settings: all vanished
- with search and replace I changed all my-new-domain.de in my-old-domain.de
- took the code out of the wp-config.php, but the same problem: settings and css vanished
Edited by mborries, 15 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.
Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:55 PM
With ftp I found css files:
Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:45 PM Best Answer
For now I load a backup and all looks fine. But I have no idea, how I should make the domain change sucessfully