Photo
- - - - -

White space beneath footer

footer white space

Best Answer Rob , 17 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

For ?page_id=124, I'm seeing the exact same scenario as before; all well.

Let me explain the issue of the content within the footer. The footer is a templated section, meaning that within the HTML of the site, the footer always appears as the lowest part of the site. Via HTML, things can be placed below it, but in viewing the HTML, the only things I see below the footer are javascripts - some from PageLines, some from Content Forms 7. These should not cause the footer to adjust upwards, move, be repositioned or enable space below the footer.  I have some of the same javascripts on my sites in the same places.

The content fits within the footer, and doesn't extend beyond it, going up or down. If you padded or margined the content within the footer, the effect would be to stretch the footer but not to move it. In other words, the grey background area would increase in height, but there's no possibility of having whitespace below the footer as a result of the content.  If you were to paste a long volume of text, for example, into a text widget in the footer, it would simply stretch the footer the length of the text, plus any padding and margins, but keeps it within the grey backgrounded footer. No matter the length of the content, it's impossible for it to bleed below the footer, without modification of HTML code in core files.

The plugin you had, and I know you were kind to remove it, for the cookie bar did place a div below the footer, but in removing the plugin, the div is gone. 

I'm going to ask one of my colleagues to look into this.  Apologies for the delay that may entail, but since I can't replicate it, I'm not sure what else to do in order to assist you.

Go to the full post