Photo
- - - - -

Masthead Customization

masthead title customization

Best Answer James B , 15 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Hi there, if you hide the title then the items below will move up as technically there's nothing above them anymore. So what you'll need to do once that's hidden is look at the selector with the buttons in (.masthead p). You'll need to apply a margin to the top of that selector so the buttons move down in to the right position, then apply a margin/padding to the bottom so they align perfectly with your background image.

http://screencast.com/t/1pF9OsfrLZaD

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dmgusa

dmgusa

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

So, I'm trying to customize my masthead as seen on:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I added a background to it, as shown. So no issues there. BUT I want to get rid of the title. I put in the code that goes display: none, which removes the title, but it also alters the position of the background and throws it out of wack.

Is there a way to remove the title, and keep the background in the position its at now? 

As you can see I kept a period as the title, to keep it in place, but I'd like it gone without altering the position of the background.

Thank you!

I attached an image of what it looks like when I remove the masthead title or even if I reduce the size of the title text.

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4983 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:06 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, if you hide the title then the items below will move up as technically there's nothing above them anymore. So what you'll need to do once that's hidden is look at the selector with the buttons in (.masthead p). You'll need to apply a margin to the top of that selector so the buttons move down in to the right position, then apply a margin/padding to the bottom so they align perfectly with your background image.

#3 dmgusa

dmgusa

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

You're a genius! Thanks! All I had to add was:

This is resolved--thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: masthead, title, customization