Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiple carousels - not showing

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, 

I want to have 5 carousels, each showing photos from different post category. Right now only one is showing up, unless all pull from the same category. Could you please help? 

Thank you, 

Monika

15 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Monika

Can you check you have enough images to fill each slider when using a single post category. I've spoken to our developer and if the slider doesn't have enough images to fill it then the javascript code will cause a conflict, which could be what you're seeing on your page.

Posted · Report post

Did you clone the Carousel section in Drag & Drop?

Posted · Report post

Yes. I cloned 5 carousels in D&D section. They all are visible when I assign "show all" category, but as soon as I change this only one shows and rest dissapears.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, can you send us a link to the page in question, it could be that there's a clash in the js between the different carousels.

Posted · Report post

Hi Monika

I only see one slider on that page.

Posted · Report post

Only one is showing, but I cloned 5 carousels and they show in meta settings for that page. Right now they pull from different post categories, that's why one is visible. Should I change it to "show all" for all 5 of them, so they all show? Will this help?

Posted · Report post

Hi again, 

I created second page http://www.natalerzu.com/gallery-2/ 

The only difference between those two pages is that carousels are pulling from different categories and in the Gallery 2 (page I just created) they have "show all" set instead of categories. I don't know why they dissapear just after I assign post category..

Thank you for your help, 

Monika

Posted · Report post

Right, i see what you mean. I'll need to speak to one of our developers and ask them to take a look at that and see whats happening.

If you could leave both those pages active for me for the time being. Once I've heard back from them I'll be able to advise further.

Posted · Report post

Sounds good. Thank you for your help. 

Monika

Posted · Report post

Hi Monika,

Please disable all non-PageLines plugins, as I am unable to recreate your issue.

http://cl.ly/image/3q093P2D200S

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny, 

I deactivated all plugins and still have the same problem. Is there anything else I can do? 

Posted · Report post

Hi James, 

It worked! I changed the number of displayed items to 3, which is the minimum number of posts for category, and it worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards,

Monika

Posted · Report post

That's brilliant Monika, glad it worked :-)