Photo
- - - - -

Twitter: embedded timelines

Twitter Timelines

Best Answer Rob , 16 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi,

I suspect this issue may come from a conflict between the javascript and the Morefoot section.   Please test the text widget in a sidebar other than the Morefoot and see if it works. 

If it does, then the solution is to replace the Morefoot with the Universal or Full Width section and implement the Twitter code in either Boxes or WP-Boxer plugin.

If the text widget fails to work in any other section, then it may simply be that you need to reach out to the code developer or, as Catrina suggested, find a plugin.  I'm not sure javascript will successfully work in the Morefoot. Fortunately, there are many alternative options available to you.

Please let us know how this goes.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 schenkelc

schenkelc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hi, I have integrated Twitters embedded eimlines with API V1.1 in my website 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(PageLines-Framework). The  embedded timeline works with IE, but it doesn't work with Chrome and Firefox.  Any suggestions are welcome. thx

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Hi there,

Looking at the site it displays this end (firefox mac), are you only noticing this on certain pages? Like if the slider is visible? If so it could be the two are clashing somewhere.

Is this code being embedded via an iframe? It could be that the css set by the iframe doesn't match the container space you've pasted the code into. If you use the twitter widget as opposed to the iframe you should see a better result.

#3 schenkelc

schenkelc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hi James,

I copied the script from Twitter (

) and pasted it into a text widget in the morefootmiddle area (Morefoot Sidebars in the Frontpage of my Website). The widget works in every other area properly, except when I place it in the Morefoot Sidebars. It looks like you had similar problems bevor (

Thanks 

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Have you considered using a Twitter timeline widget instead?

#5 schenkelc

schenkelc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hi Catrina 

It doesn't work even if I use a Twitter timeline widget like 

Should I rethink the concept of the frontpage of my website? :-(

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:45 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

I suspect this issue may come from a conflict between the javascript and the Morefoot section.   Please test the text widget in a sidebar other than the Morefoot and see if it works. 

If it does, then the solution is to replace the Morefoot with the Universal or Full Width section and implement the Twitter code in either Boxes or WP-Boxer plugin.

If the text widget fails to work in any other section, then it may simply be that you need to reach out to the code developer or, as Catrina suggested, find a plugin.  I'm not sure javascript will successfully work in the Morefoot. Fortunately, there are many alternative options available to you.

Please let us know how this goes.

#7 schenkelc

schenkelc

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hi Rob,

The widget doesn't fail in other sections. I guess the text widget just doesn't work properly in the Morefoot. I use now a plugin in order to display my tweets on the frontpage...  Thanks for helping me. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twitter, Timelines