21 replies to this topic

#1 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTrabzon, Turkey
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

For some technical reasons, we had to reinstall everything from scratch but after the process, we started experiencing some issues related to theme and thumbnails. 

1- The Apple Style menu seems so thick. It used to be thinner than what it seems now.

This is the screenshot I copied from Google cache...

1.png

Not it looks like this:

2.png

Even the outline is different. 

The second question is about the featured images shown incorrectly. 

Previously, when we define a featured image and then publish the article, we could get a 150x150 pixel thumbnail but this time we only get a resized of the featured image. 

Our features images have a size of 1070 px to 250 px. 

When the images were resized, we used to have a portion of the image at a size of 150x150 px.

The difference can be seen in the screenshot...

There are 4 posts you can see. The last one is one of the old ones and the other three are the new posts. You can see the difference. I have checked the Wordpress settings from WP Admin >> Settings >> Media

and all the thumbnail settings are defined there....

3.png

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi there,

Did you upgrade from a previous version of Iblog to a new one? There were changes between i blog pro 4 and 5 as they changed from a standalone theme to a child theme of the pagelines framework.

If not when you copied the theme across did you copy across any custom css you had entered previously?

Thumbnails are set by the settings in settings>media from the wp media area. However if you've had previous instructions in there the thumbnails do not automatically resize when the figures are changed for existing images. You have to use a plugin called 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which forces the existing thumbnails to regenerate to the new size.

#3 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Dear James,

Thanks for the instant reply. 

For reinstalling, I used brand new theme file from my store account. I downloaded both the theme and the Pro framework and just put them in their respective places on the web server. 

We never used iBlogPro 4 before because when we purchased the theme and the framework, it was not available. We started using v5 from the very beginning. 

So, I just copied the content of the ZIP file on the server, I think there will be no issues related to any missing CSS file, unless the ZIP file misses it :)

For the thumbnails issue, what kind of previous instructions there can be? In that section, you can only specify the pixel values of thumbnails to be generated. 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi,

IBlogPro 5 received an update that made changes to the navigation style, this is why the navigation now appears larger than it previously did. If you wish to have the previously style, you will need to use custom CSS and most likely reduce the padding on the menus items.

There appears to be an issue with your thumbnails, I recommend you check your thumbnail settings in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Media > Thumbnail Size. Then remove your Posts Feature Image, delete the image from your media library and then upload your image again as a Feature image in your post. Save the post and then refresh your site and see if this resolves the issue.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, disable all non-PageLines plugins and then remove your Posts Feature Image, delete the image from your media library and then upload your image again as a Feature image in your post. Save the post and then refresh your site and see if this resolves the issue.

I have just saved your image and then added it to one of my iBlogPro test sites posts, and the thumbnail is the correct size.

#5 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

I tried the things you mentioned but nothing changes... :(

deactivated all the plugins one by one and tried but it did not work :(

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Enable PageLines Debug mode please - PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

Once enabled, reply here and we can investigate further.

#7 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Done! :)

waiting for your guidance :)

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

You still have 11 plugins installed and active and only one of these is related to PageLines. I suggest disabling all non-PageLines plugins and then repeat the process of removing your feature image, deleting it from your library so this image is no longer available. Then upload the image again, add it to your post and see if this has resolved your issue.

As you can see I am unable to recreate your issue - 

#9 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Which WP version do you currently use or test?

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

I use the latest version of Wordpress 3.5.1.

#11 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

The thing is... we were able to use the system without any problems until we upgraded the framework and the theme. 

anyways...

the result is still the same even though I turned off all the plugins...

#12 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I deleted the file from the server and from the WP panel as well

then uploaded the image file... the result is still the same...

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

OK, well there is something wrong with either your Wordpress media settings, you have custom code effecting your thumbnails or its related to your server.

Can you test this on another installation of Wordpress ? 

#14 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

I was just trying to solve the issues by looking a bit deeper by checking the differences between the SQL inputs of old posts where I do not have any issues related to thumbnails and new posts that I have problems.

Below is the difference in the database entry:

This one is taken from a post where I do not have thumbnail problems:

a:6:{s:5:"width";s:4:"1070";s:6:"height";s:3:"250";s:14:"hwstring_small";s:23:"height='29' width='128'";s:4:"file";s:20:"2012/11/iTunes11.png";s:5:"sizes";a:4:{s:9:"thumbnail";a:3:{s:4:"file";s:20:"iTunes11-150x150.png";s:5:"width";s:3:"150";s:6:"height";s:3:"150";}s:6:"medium";a:3:{s:4:"file";s:19:"iTunes11-300x70.png";s:5:"width";s:3:"300";s:6:"height";s:2:"70";}s:5:"large";a:3:{s:4:"file";s:21:"iTunes11-1024x239.png";s:5:"width";s:4:"1024";s:6:"height";s:3:"239";}s:21:"wptouch-new-thumbnail";a:3:{s:4:"file";s:18:"iTunes11-92x92.png";s:5:"width";s:2:"92";s:6:"height";s:2:"92";}}s:10:"image_meta";a:10:{s:8:"aperture";s:1:"0";s:6:"credit";s:0:"";s:6:"camera";s:0:"";s:7:"caption";s:0:"";s:17:"created_timestamp";s:1:"0";s:9:"copyright";s:0:"";s:12:"focal_length";s:1:"0";s:3:"iso";s:1:"0";s:13:"shutter_speed";s:1:"0";s:5:"title";s:0:"";}}

This one is the new one and I have problems:

a:4:{s:5:"width";i:1070;s:6:"height";i:250;s:4:"file";s:22:"2013/03/albumkapak.png";s:10:"image_meta";a:10:{s:8:"aperture";i:0;s:6:"credit";s:0:"";s:6:"camera";s:0:"";s:7:"caption";s:0:"";s:17:"created_timestamp";i:0;s:9:"copyright";s:0:"";s:12:"focal_length";i:0;s:3:"iso";i:0;s:13:"shutter_speed";i:0;s:5:"title";s:0:"";}}

This input data is taken from POSTSMETA database

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Your post thumbnails can be changed/controlled via plugins, so as far as I am aware, viewing the SQL is redundant. As I mentioned above I am unable to recreate your issue on several test sites. I even used your own image and provided a link to the image being used.

Therefore, I recommend you attempt the same thing on a fresh installation of Wordpress minus third party plugins or code and see if the problem persists.

#16 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Installed a brandnew WP installation but nothing changed...

There is no plugin installed.

Checked the media settings that tumbnails sizes are 150x150

493.01KB   5 downloads

#17 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I have just created a new post on a fresh installation of Wordpress using iBlogPro 5. Below is what I am seeing:

Therefore, you must have different thumbnail setting, I have copied the HTML on my test site and your sites for the Thumbnail, I have removed the URLs for easier readability.

Here is what I have in my HTML

Here is what you have in your HTML

As you can see your image height is set to 35, this means for some reason your Feature image is not using the generated thumbnail. As far as I am aware this is not an issue with PageLines but Wordpress.

Therefore, so we can rule this out, please switch to Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve and inform us when you have done so.

#18 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

The thumbnail setting is as follows:

150x150

Sorry the system is Turkish.

l7gpm.png

#19 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi there, have you ever changed the thumbnail sizes in the past? Cause if you did and then they were changed back the thumbnails don't go back to normal when you set them back to 150x150, you have to use a plugin to regenerate the sizes.

Like -

#20 jamwinner

jamwinner

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Dear James,

I have never changed the thumbnail sizes in the past. Even, when I have a clean WP installation, the case has not changed....

I will use the plugin but for how long? :)

We were not using a plugin to regenerate the thumbnail sizes, right after we started using the new WP and the new theme as well as the new Framework, it started not functioning....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iblog, menu, bar, thumbnail