Photo
- - - - -

navbar page link with nest pages not working

navigation bar navbar link not working

Best Answer James B , 13 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hi there,

You're doing anything wrong, unfortunately that's how its been setup. The navbar is from the twitter bootstrap integration and due to the rise in touch screen/mobile devices this is how they wrote the navbar. As is someone on a touch device was trying to access the drop down they would also end up clicking the parent link.

There are some other alternatives, classic nav allows you to have a parent as a link and a drop down. There are also some premium navs in the pagelines store which allow for the top item to be a link which you could use.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Every time I choose to use the Navbar and one of the links have nest pages, on hover all the nest pages links work however the main page link would not.

For example on the images attach I would like for the personal training page to be a link aswell ratter than just be a button for only the nest pages of this link. 

Not sure what I am not doing, the classic navigation bar does work normal so why the NavBar does not?

I tried to create a menu and link that to the bar however the dropdown links of the nest pages does not work with the custom menu.

I am sure this is an easy thing but I have not been able to solve it.

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:49 AM   Best Answer

Hi there,

You're doing anything wrong, unfortunately that's how its been setup. The navbar is from the twitter bootstrap integration and due to the rise in touch screen/mobile devices this is how they wrote the navbar. As is someone on a touch device was trying to access the drop down they would also end up clicking the parent link.

There are some other alternatives, classic nav allows you to have a parent as a link and a drop down. There are also some premium navs in the pagelines store which allow for the top item to be a link which you could use.

#3 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

The classic  is what I use, thank you for answer my question I'll look into those remium navs.

Thanks again.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

You're welcome

#5 triciaboland

triciaboland

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Hi James and Alebrujo,

I am experiencing the same issue with main pages that have subpages (created a WP menu) not accessible via the horizontal nav bar.  But I cannot find where the "classic" nav bar is located?    Thanks for your help.

Tricia

#6 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just go to the drag and drop in the pagelines tab.  the option of Nav Classic is among the options on the headter section.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navigation bar, navbar, link not working