• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hey guys,

I am have a problem with some unwanted spacing in IE using the grid system. We are in the process of upgrading from platform pro to pagelines. I previously had our product pages designed with the banner system. On pagelines though, some of the images didn't respond like they used to (to be clear, the respond in pagelines how they are supposed to, I was just using them differently in platform-pro), and I was advised on this forum to switch the the Pagelines Grid system.

Everything seems to look how I want now except for one errant paragraph space. It is the paragraph to the right of the red icon and below the header "Know Where You Stand." You can see a side by side of IE and Chrome in the screenshot. 

You can see the page at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks for your help. 

Attached Files

• bekanGop likes this

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hi there,

Chromes on the right and that's how you want it to look? I'm in firefox and i see it the same as you're seeing in ie. So you might need to check in other browsers to and see if they display it in other positions. It looks like it's the margin for the paragraph which is pushing it out of alignment. 

The only way I've found to fix that is the below, but if it's happening in different browsers you might need to use some browser specific prefixes to make sure it looks the same in each one etc.

Browser prefixes can be found at -

• bekanGop likes this

#3 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think I figured out part of the issue: I didn't have a div wrapped around that icon image, which for some reason was causing the line break in IE and Firefox. I'm not a veteran coder so no idea why, but figured I'd post the solution if anyone else has the same issue. 

I am still, however, getting more space between the highlight section (Clinical Benchmarking System and the the sentence below) and the span 12 grid that includes the "Know where you stand" and the browser window graphic. There is less space in chrome and firefox, like it should be. I'm not sure what properties on what element i should adjust because IE's inspection tool blows. 

Thoughts?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

When you view the source in IE, what is the code that appears for the highlight and span 12 grid?

#5 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

This is the code:

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Have you already removed the margin spacing for highlight (specifically the bottom margin)?

#7 jamiewalden

jamiewalden

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

I removed the padding-bottom on the #highlight .content-pad 

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

Hi there,

Which version of IE are you testing in? Make sure compatibility mode is off in case that's whats causing the spacing issue.

I would say try removing the padding and margins again (using the same code but with the browser specific css prefix) in case its missing or adding additional padding something somewhere.

I'll check with the core team when they're in to see if they have suggestions. Will post back

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

As check this thread as the user was having the same issue, there's some code that worked for him at the bottom of this thread -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ie, spacing, pagelines grid