Missed where to add title that overlays masthead image...

Question

Posted · Report post

Iif anyone has documentation link(s) to make masthead title overlay a masthead image (perhaps I need to set the image into a different field?), I'd feel so grateful. Also, re where to size/style the GIANT masthead title?

*Videos I've found/seen show sidebars on Pagelines' Dashboard that I don't see, like Pagelines Settings (I don't see) Websitesetup (I don't see). (I see Pagelines-Dashboard-Site Options-Page OPtions-Drag n Drop-Store.) *Are all videos/documentation out-of-date?!

I would love to see this is do-able without futzing with code! (Why I bought this, I hope!)

I also need to put some 2 different things flush to the top and flush to each other (to live over image on my page currently), if possible. Screenshot attached of what I'm trying to get to. Drag-able? Or more code-futzing? :(

URL below. Thanks so much! *sigh*

http://www.connectingthedotsdesign.com/UMNWP/

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible out of the box with the Masthead section and will require custom CSS. Therefore, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Masthead sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Posted · Report post

Neither title over masthead, nor, adding things flush to each other is possible sans code nonsense? *sigh*

*Both should be. Seems potentially an easy "button" to create! :)

What about sizing the masthead title/tagline differently? That for sure seems "button"-able, is it now, or do I need to do that by css code nonsense, also?

Thanks for your help, in spite of your so-far disappointing news. Maybe next response will yield a surprise-exciting response! Fingers crossed...!

Posted · Report post

The Support Page you linked is using custom CSS to add a background to that highlight section.

Also, the Masthead wasn't designed to be used in the way you want by default, it is achievable but will require custom CSS. Therefore, I recommend using Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools and inspect the Masthead sections to find the correct code.

For assistance visit our custom CSS documentation - http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css/

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny. Very disappointing when what I need & thought I was buying is on display as if easily-done by this theme. Thought I'd found extra-easy! :(

Posted · Report post

Hi Jennifre

Thanks for letting us know, we've passed your comments on to the core team, these type of changes could be something that will make it into a future edition of the framework. 

Posted · Report post

Hi Jennifre

Thanks for letting us know, we've passed your comments on to the core team, these type of changes could be something that will make it into a future edition of the framework. 

I hope writing text on the masthead image gets implemented soon.

Posted · Report post

primetime

Are you hoping to implement this with Framework? (this post is from over a year ago and on the Framework specific, product support forum) or are you working with DMS?

As Danny said - this is achievable but will need some Custom CSS. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes, I want it on DMS without custom CSS.

Edited by primetime