Photo
- - - - -

Editing the Feature Text Area

Features editing customisation

Best Answer Rob , 11 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hi Bleuy,

Where are you adding the CSS? In the child theme's stylesheet or in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code?

Are you using Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool?  Each of these have a sandbox for testing CSS changes.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hi I'm needing to edit the text area of Features element via a child theme (changing font colours, size of the feature_slider .fcontent box plus the padding in the feature_slider .fcontent .fcontent-pad).  I'm a bit confused in that - 

I have isolated the areas to be changed threw Firebug, I can change them on the screen and they do what I want, but when I post the code into the editor the none of the changes are reflected!

I have read through the forums, I have disabled all my plugins, but can't seem to get the code to work!

#feature_slider .fcontent {

#feature_slider .fcontent .fcontent-pad {

#feature_slider .fcontent .ftitle {

#feature_slider .fcontent h1, #feature_slider .fcontent h2, #feature_slider .fcontent h3, #feature_slider .fcontent h4, #feature_slider .fcontent h5, #feature_slider .fcontent a {

#feature_slider .fcontent {

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

You need to add the CSS inside of the curly brackets and close with }. Please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the response, I am aware of that, I was just copying the areas so you could confirm that they are the correct areas as the actual code is a bit long for here.

For example:-

#feature_slider .fcontent .fcontent-pad {

padding-bottom: 20px;

padding-left: 10px;

padding-right: 10px;

padding-top: 10px;

}

But when I put the code in, it has NO effect on the design

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:34 PM   Best Answer

Hi Bleuy,

Where are you adding the CSS? In the child theme's stylesheet or in Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code?

Are you using Firebug or Chrome's Inspection Tool?  Each of these have a sandbox for testing CSS changes.

#5 bleuy

bleuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hi Rob

I was adding it to a Child Theme Style Sheet and using Firebug to identify the changes.

I'm not sure what is going on (this is the second time the same thing has happened) where I have identified the correct code (through modifying it in Firebug), copy & pasted it  direct into the Child Theme template via WordPress Editor (I keep an offline master file of the changes so I can revert at will) and nothing happens!  I then spend several hours doing the same thing, checking code, surfing forums and then posting a question - only for the b**dy thing to rectify itself when I revisit it several hours later.

Honest! The code was the same, it just for some reason decided to delay publishing elements of it!

Issue resolved - thanks all for your help! :startle:

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I bet it was a cache... either a cache plugin or the browser.

Glad its resolved though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Features, editing, customisation