background supersize settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lotussocial

lotussocial

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

In both my own, and client websites I build using Pagelines Dev. 2.0 with most recents upgrades to 2.4+, background images are not responding to pagelines settings saved in the Color Control settings area of the theme. Supersize does not work at all. I've already tried disabling plugins. Does not solve... In the site URL below there are no plugins installed, yet the problem exists.

I've already tried altering Layout settings. None of the layout settings combinations resolve the issue. Layout is set to fixed width. I've been building a new client demo site, and have nothing installed except your theme with most recent upgrade, and the background settings are not working properly. I have not installed any plugins, only base PL 2.0 Dev sections and a child theme, Transparency. If it helps, your settings for background images used to work during versions 2.3 but stopped working with 2.4 upgrades.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi,

Could you tell me if the problem exists if you use either Base Theme or just straight Framework without a child theme?  I'm not sure if the issue may be the way the Transparency child theme handles backgrounds.

Thanks.

#3 lotussocial

lotussocial

• Members

• 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

It seems to be a problem with not only my own site, but clients sites which are also built with exactly the same framework/base of Dev 2.0 plus upgrades... and without transparency as a child theme. These sites have no child theme, yet the same issue. Supersize does not work. Selecting supersize makes the background small and centers it on the page. The background image dimensions generally used are 1400 px wide. Reducing the size to 600 px wide and trying a smaller image does not resolve the issue. These images are less than 200kb in file size, often PNGs or JPGs. Thank you for your help!

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4985 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hi there,

From what you're describing it sounds like the image is portrait, supersize only resizes the height of the image. So if it's a portrait image by the image resizes so the height fits the bottom of the browser but the sides don't reach the edges. Therefore it looks like the image is just stuck in the middle the page.

Try editing the image to landscape and re-uploading. On the link you've placed in your original post it seems like the background is working now.

Let us know how you get on :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: background, supersize, settings