Photo
- - - - -

title tag in source code

Best Answer Danny , 11 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I have spoken to one of our developers and he informed me that PageLines Framework like any other theme in the Wordpress.org repository uses the_title() filter to add the title. Now what should happen is the plugin you're using should use the same filter to change it.

Therefore, I recommend you contact the developer of the Plugin. Out of curiosity, can you inform us which plugin is causing this please. I have resolved the topic, as this is related to your plugin and not PageLines. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hi,

i unchecked the option "Automatically show Page titles?" in site options because i prefer to enter the headers manualy. In the source code the name of the page or post ist still showing up as <title> tag, which is of course neccesary in the most cases.

Is there a way to avoid that Pagelines writes the <title> tag in the source code? I would like to use an other method to generate the title-tag and this would be producing a double title-tag.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi,

The <title> tag is generated like any other Wordpress theme, where the <title> tag uses what you have wrote as the Pages title. So I am not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve, can you go into greater detail as to how and why you wish to generate the title tag using this other method please?

#3 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

ok, it´s kinda tricky... I use a seo-tool which generates the page title and some other stuff. The only double tag which the seo-tool is producing is the title tag. The seo-tool offers the option to parse out double tags but this will make the page slower. So if there would be a simple possibility inside the functions.php to avoid that WP generates the title i would prefer to use it.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:18 AM   Best Answer

I have spoken to one of our developers and he informed me that PageLines Framework like any other theme in the Wordpress.org repository uses the_title() filter to add the title. Now what should happen is the plugin you're using should use the same filter to change it.

Therefore, I recommend you contact the developer of the Plugin. Out of curiosity, can you inform us which plugin is causing this please. I have resolved the topic, as this is related to your plugin and not PageLines. 

#5 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

The name of the plugin is wpseo. It is a very good plugin. This plugin is of course able to change the title tag if i opt for it. wpseo also offers the option, not to check existing tags. This option is faster but can produce double tags. That was the reason why i asked how to remove the default title tag. As Paglines offers the possibility not to show the page title in the content, i was courious if there is an easy way to erase it from the source code as well.

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

You are talking about 2 completely different things.

The option is there to remove the wordpress page title from the page content area NOT to remove the HTML TITLE element.

There is no wpseo plugin listed here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 Guido

Guido

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

I know - thats why i asked if there is an easy way to remove it from the source as well.

The plugin is available on wpseo.de

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

The plugin is not open source so we cannot see how it adds it's own title.
It should use the_title filter instead of having to buffer the whole page.