Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Projects Projects - Getting Started - What am I missing?

Question

Posted · Report post

IMHO, there's not sufficient direction here.

I've followed all the directions below, yet I do not see a Projects tab. I assume it should appear in the left-hand side of the menu (much like Features or Collapser Posts would?)

So am I supposed to designate a Projects parent page, then save the individual Projects as sub-pages?

Not getting it.

Any help appreciated.

Setup Instructions
  1. Create a page, label it whatever you want. For example, Projects. Assign it a page template.
  2. Add Projects into the assigned Page Template area in Drag & Drop in PageLines admin.
  3. Add a project using the Projects tab that’s created in WordPress admin.
Tips for Use
  1. Project thumbnails use featured images. Recommended size is 600×600.
  2. Project galleries use media library images uploaded into each gallery. Recommended size is 400×600.

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Finally worked.

Okay, looks like it was Contact Form 7.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hi,

If you dont see the Projects tab on the left, in WP Admin, then the section isn't activated. 

Posted · Report post

Strange. It's under Activated Sections right now.

I bought it through the store in WP Admin.

Any ideas?

Posted · Report post

I can only ask for login so I can take a look. You can email to email@nickhaskins.com Really the only way it wont show up is if it's not activated. Otherwise that menu will show on the left.

Posted · Report post

OK just got your login, and logged in, and you have A LOT of plugins active, along with a few js errors in wp-admin. Disable all of these plugins, and chances are you'll see the Projects menu come back.

http://screencast.com/t/aG4yHUG3

Something is not logging it's menu position correctly, causing other menu items to disappear  We've seen this happen time and time again with plugins that use a bugged method of adding their menus.

Posted · Report post

Okay, I have deactivated every plugin, and still nothing shows up on the left-hand side.

Could it be that Kenburns plug-in? Seems like that one should not occupy two spaces.

I can honestly say I've never had this trouble before.

Posted · Report post

Ok ya deactivate all plugins and 3rd party sections. Something else is preventing it from showing.