Photo
- - - - -

Supersize The Background Image

Best Answer Rob , 10 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Sorry Peter, I misunderstood.

The only other way I can think of is to use the tile options, which repeats the image based on how you set it.  I don't know if the tiling method extends to the morefoot or footer, and suspect that it doesn't.  However, depending on the image, you can use a background-image in that same CSS for the footer, and apply an image.

Have a look at www.epicurus.com.  You'll see a grey-edged background which is an image, tiled vertically (creating the canvas area graphically). When it ends at the Morefoot, CSS was used to apply one image to the Morefoot, and another to the footer. Firebug will point you to the CSS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Framework Version:Pagelines v2.4.3 and DMS

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hi!

Is there a way to have the picture background set to cover the whole site without having to set it to supersize in the page settings.

The thing is, if i set it to supersize in the page settings and want to have a different picture on another page. That page also will be supersized.

Thanks. And I am really sorry if this question have been posted before! 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15242 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi,

If you wish to have a background image cover all your site, you will need to have a large image, roughly 1920x1200 should be enough and then set the image to a fixed postion. That should do the trick.

#3 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Danny! But that did not help. Look here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I have full width sidebar at the bottom.

If I supersize, this will be covered. But otherwise not.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi Peter,

Actually, you can always apply a different background or color to the footer area, even if you supersize the background image. You would apply a color or, if you prefer, a tiled image to this CSS:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That should override the supersized background, but only in the footer area.

#5 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi!

Is there a way to have the picture background set to cover the whole site without having to set it to supersize in the page settings.

The thing is, if i set it to supersize in the page settings and want to have a different picture on another page. That page also will be supersized.

Thanks. And I am really sorry if this question have been posted before! 

Yes I know. but that was not my question ;) I want to have a picture covering the whole site. But I am unable to get that

without supersizing the picture.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:28 PM   Best Answer

Sorry Peter, I misunderstood.

The only other way I can think of is to use the tile options, which repeats the image based on how you set it.  I don't know if the tiling method extends to the morefoot or footer, and suspect that it doesn't.  However, depending on the image, you can use a background-image in that same CSS for the footer, and apply an image.

Have a look at www.epicurus.com.  You'll see a grey-edged background which is an image, tiled vertically (creating the canvas area graphically). When it ends at the Morefoot, CSS was used to apply one image to the Morefoot, and another to the footer. Firebug will point you to the CSS.

#7 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hm, wouldn't that be the same as supersizing the picture on site level? apart from that it is two pictuers instead of one. Maybe that supersize button could be implemented on a pagelevel in the next addition of PageLine Framework. That would do the trick ;)

What I want to accomplish is to have the wallpaper covering the site. But on one or two other pages i want a different picture that is not supersized.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Peter, this isn't one of my specialties, but I think that supersized would prevent you from successfully using PageLines Meta Settings to apply a background on a page basis.  Admittedly, I've not tried this.

While it's true that you'd end up with 2 images in the method I recommended, if the images blend well together, the appearance would be seamless as there's no gap between the morefoot or footer and the area above them. If you used an image that tiles neatly, then it would not seem to have any break between sections.

#9 pehja

pehja

Advocate

• Members

• 556 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Ok thanks Rob, I will try that! 

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg