#1 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts
  • Framework Version:plus

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good morning,

I have purchased Pockets and love it my background is black so my titles are too dark for the picture underneath would like them to be white not dark and the arrow for the next pocket is not showing...please if you could help then I can finalize the design. Thank you for all the great work.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Hi!

Yup you can use CSS to change whatever you'd like. The next/prev arrow won't show if there isn't a post ahead or behind it.

NIck

#3 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi Nick,
I don't really know CSS at all and I do have a post ahead of it all I see is a box and I just need to know how to make titles white I guess with css but how do I do that?

Thanks,
Yani

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

You 'll need to learn CSS in order to change things beyond the section. I cannot supply this css or else I would be here for hours helping everyone.

#5 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Ok so I've read about inspector and make css edits thank you for advise. Now I'm still not available to use the category shortcode for pockets its not working for me and btw I've not received any sort of update notification via my store and the link you sent me is of a screenshot so I can't test it and your demo on pagelines doesn't show it so """"""""where is the problem""""""""""""???? Please help if possible solve this problem. Pockets is a big section that needs to be sorted out sometimes through categories or tags for it to really be useful (I'm sure not just me).

#6 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I really do love your work and if I can make a suggestion what I'm really looking for is some sort of section that could work like a business directory with a front end user to fill out their info and maybe have levels like free, premium levels with paypal options or something like that and the premium options would feature deal and each single business would have a link to "add this business to your address book". Just sayin' :-)

#7 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

If you are wondering I 've deactivated pockets even deleted then activated again and shortcode is still not working

#8 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

I tested the shortcode, and it works perfectly. It works here locally, it works online, and I"ve had no reports of it not working. You keep asking for category on shortcode, and I keep responding that it's included and that it works perfectly. I'm really confused at this point as to what are requesting.

"on pagelines doesn't show it so """"""""where is the problem""""""""""""????"

Yes, it does. Please read the instructions at the top on the Shortcodes page.

http://screencast.com/t/iYiZl6mQ

http://pockets.nichola.us/shortcodes/

#9 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

And again, here is the same answer on your other thread where you asked the same question

http://www.pagelines...ries-available/

#10 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Nick,
I'm not trying to confuse, but when I go to this link: http://screencast.com/t/iYiZl6mQ I get a png file. And on this page: http://pockets.nichola.us/shortcodes/ I see the demo but it doesn't show the shortcode with category live so please explain and why I haven't received any notification of pockets having been made updated through the store and at the pagelines store there are no such updates for pockets. Like in the "Latest Updates" Pockets is not there if you made this last week. So I'm fustrated as well. Pagelines is not helping me with this they are directing me to you so you are the only one I can speak about this. This is the shortcode I'm using: [pocket_list category="arts"] I only have one pocket in this category and all four the pockets I've made are showing. Any way you can help would be gratefully appreciated.

Yani

#11 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

This is what I see in your demo page: [pocket_list display="horizontal" number="4"] category is not included

#12 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

"I'm not trying to confuse, but when I go to this link: http://screencast.com/t/iYiZl6mQ I get a png file."

All I"m doing is showing you a screenshot, of where the documentation is.

"And on this page: http://pockets.nichola.us/shortcodes/ I see the demo but it doesn't show the shortcode with category live so please explain and why I haven't received any notification of pockets having been made updated through the store and at the pagelines store there are no such updates for pockets."

Yes, the shortcode example does not have the category attribute. Simply add category="" for your category, just like the other attributes.

"Like in the "Latest Updates" Pockets is not there if you made this last week."

Please make sure you have the most recent version. I believe this is the source of the issue. Click the "refresh store" button in the pagelines store in wp-admin. Pockets is at 1.0.2.

#13 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:03 PM   Best Answer

Thank you now it works :D

#14 sum247

sum247

Advanced Member

• Members

• 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Really I appreciate this!

#15 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Great to hear! Yup sorry about that sometimes either it doesn't deploy properly or you just have to refresh the store.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pockets