Embedding Easy Video Suite videos in a PageLines Modal window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 233 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

I understand that when playing an embeded YouTube video inside a modal window, if you simple close the window without pausing, the video's audio continues to play. I recently started using the new

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

software for my videos, and I noticed that when I embed one of these videos into a PageLines Modal, the audio will stop playing when I click the close window, however this is only on Chrome and Safari browsers. On FireFox and IE, the audio keeps in playing. 

So I'm posting here to see if you can help me pin point why two of the browsers will stop the audio, and the other two won't. Obviously if Chrome and Safari can stop the audio, that means there is something built into the modal that is causing this to happen.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hi there,

Not sure if the below will help, will check with Simon when he's in but in the meantime.

The modal is part of the bootstrap integration, it's still on the page when closed, just set to display:none. From what I've read its to do with clearing the src in jquery. Not sure why that would differ between browsers though.