Photo
- - - - -

Replace Navbar?

navbar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 affiliatedbenefit

affiliatedbenefit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm not a big fan of the navbar built into Pagelines.... so, I did some research and found one that I really like.  It's called UberMenu (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and it exactly what I'm looking for.  However, I can't figure out the best way to put it into my Pagelines site.  

If I disable the sidebars, I can drop in the menu using a shortcode and put it right at the top of the content section.  However, if I want to use the sidebars, the menu is truncated to make room for the sidebars on the right.  If I use the UberMenu function as it comes, it tries to replace the Navbar, but doesn't quite accomplish it with Pagelines, so I get this weird looking double-stacked menu (see attached).  I even tried hiding the search box to see if that would make everything appear on one line (even though the coloring doesn't match - I would have fixed that later), but I can't get the search box to hide.

So, my question is this.... is there a way that I can disable the Navbar insert and replace the Navbar with the shortcode to drop in this new menu?  

Attached Files

#2 James B†

James B

Advocate

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 5126 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hi there, you can take the navbar out of the drag and drop page and replace it with a contentbox, this is a free section from the pagelines store which acts as a empty container for text/html etc.

Place that in the header and then you'll be able to put the shortcode in there, which will activate the menu in that space on the page.