navbar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 affiliatedbenefit

affiliatedbenefit

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm not a big fan of the navbar built into Pagelines.... so, I did some research and found one that I really like.  It's called UberMenu (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) and it exactly what I'm looking for.  However, I can't figure out the best way to put it into my Pagelines site.  

If I disable the sidebars, I can drop in the menu using a shortcode and put it right at the top of the content section.  However, if I want to use the sidebars, the menu is truncated to make room for the sidebars on the right.  If I use the UberMenu function as it comes, it tries to replace the Navbar, but doesn't quite accomplish it with Pagelines, so I get this weird looking double-stacked menu (see attached).  I even tried hiding the search box to see if that would make everything appear on one line (even though the coloring doesn't match - I would have fixed that later), but I can't get the search box to hide.

So, my question is this.... is there a way that I can disable the Navbar insert and replace the Navbar with the shortcode to drop in this new menu?  

Attached Files

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hi there, you can take the navbar out of the drag and drop page and replace it with a contentbox, this is a free section from the pagelines store which acts as a empty container for text/html etc.

Place that in the header and then you'll be able to put the shortcode in there, which will activate the menu in that space on the page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navbar