Photo
- - - - -

Main content over running footer area

pagelines footer main contnet over run

Best Answer catrina , 07 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I just checked the HTML code and it's actually a Magneto problem. For some reason, the items are extending below the designated postloop area. You may want to try increasing the height of the page content area as a workaround. You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/custom-css. For help with the height attribute, please see these instructions: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_dim_height.asp.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 barkeep

barkeep

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hi, 

got an annoying one here. The main contnet area of my site is over running the footer, but only on one page.

I have deleted the page and recreated it and still I have the same problem.

It uses magento to pull in a list of itmes for sale and it is this list that is extending down over the footer area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, is it a magento problem of a theme problem?

link 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

kind regards

Martin

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:35 PM   Best Answer

I just checked the HTML code and it's actually a Magneto problem. For some reason, the items are extending below the designated postloop area. You may want to try increasing the height of the page content area as a workaround. You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

. For help with the height attribute, please see these instructions:

#3 barkeep

barkeep

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thanks Catrina, Ill give that a ago. I was hoping it wasn't magento  :thumbsd:

Martin

#4 barkeep

barkeep

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Update.

Well the actual problem was unclosed tags in the product descriptions the last </p> had been left open. 

Thanks for the head up on firebug it proved very usedful.

Martin

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15626 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for keeping us posted on your issue and we are happy to hear the error has been resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagelines, footer, main contnet, over run