Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Translation - How to?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi!

I am trying to get my website ueberlingen2020.de translated. I downloaded the http://www.pagelines.com/store/plugins/pagelines-customize/ Customize Plugin, decompressed it, uploaded it into my plugin-folder, activated it, added a new folder called "languages" and added the translations from your website as de_DE.mo and de_DE.po

So those files are in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/language

I am using the framework version: 1.4.3, wordpress 3.5.1 and plug-ins.

As you can see, it does not work. A quick fix would be great, thanks! 
Franz

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi! 

Thanks for your very informative reply.

So, that is the problem, I purchased the wrong thing. Well, I clicked in the Dashboard of my site in the settings page of Platform Pro on "Buy" and assumed I would buy Platform Pro. But as you told me, I did buy a very different thing I do not even want. Maybe a note for future customers would be cool. Can I have my money back? I feel a little bit stupid for buying the false thing, but also feel kind of tricked. I even had contact with the support and asked them about the Customize-Plugin for my site, which runs on Platform and I was told I had to buy a package to get access to the Customize-Plugin and it's translation capabilities.

I solved the problem I had myself now and have no use for your Framework. Maybe in the future, but at the moment I do not put use to it.

Posted · Report post

Hello Ryan 

If you could send an email to hello@pagelines.com requesting a refund, our billing department will be in touch with you shortly. 

Posted · Report post

Hey,

I just managed to solve part of the problem - just loaded pagelines-framework-de.po and pagelines-framework-de.mo in /wp-content/plugins/pagelines-customize/language

However there is still "Leave a comment" - how can I translate that?

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Do you mean the leave a reply button in the comments form at the bottom of the page? Or elsewhere on the site?

Posted · Report post

Hi!
I am talking about the one in the byline information, right next to "am 5.März" for example, under the heading.

Because I needed a fast solution I went into the core and edited it to "Kommentieren"

However it would be nice if it would work with the plugin.

Also: I cannot find a link to Platform Pro, I would like to edit "Continue Reading ->" to "Lesen Sie mehr!" and edit "Currently viewing category" 

Posted · Report post

Hi,

See this link here, it should assist you.

http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/16971-how-to-change-a-text-string-with-poedit/

Also, not quite sure what you're referring to when you say

"Also: I cannot find a link to Platform Pro, I would like to edit "Continue Reading ->" to "Lesen Sie mehr!" and edit "Currently viewing category"

Are you using PageLines Framework or Platform Pro?

The customize plugin like all store products are only compatible with PageLines Framework and not Platform Pro. Platform Pro has been considered a legacy theme since December 2011. Which is when PageLines Framework was released.

Posted · Report post

Hi!
This did not assist me, but I have to get it working by tonight. A pointer to where in the core files I can edit "Continue Reading ->" to my language would be great.

I am using Platform and just bought yesterday your 97$ product. But Platform Pro is not activated on my website yet and I want to know how to do that.

... oh great, so I just paid 97$ to upgrade to Platform Pro which I can not download because it is not longer supported? Come on, I just wanted to localize that thing. Please be worth the money and send me the Platform Pro files.

However that explains whiy the Customize plugin does not work. Will translating the files in the theme/language/platform folder help?

Posted · Report post

Just to clarify, you're using PageLines Framework right now and you want PlatformPro instead?

Posted · Report post

No, I want those strings in german and I do not want a new design or layout or theme.

Posted · Report post

Hi Ryan, I've checked your account and it's showing you purchased the Pagelines Framework Professional edition, not Platform Pro. We need to know exactly what you're using as the advice we can give you will be different on each. You can download the Pagelines Framework Professional edition from your www.pagelines.com account, via the your products tab.

In the Pagelines Framework, to change the continue reading link, you can simply go to Pagelines>site options>blog and posts. Scroll down until you see the 'continue reading link' panel. Type in that field what you would like to appear. http://screencast.com/t/QyDQASnsjoG and save. It will appear on your site like http://screencast.com/t/vmjvojrT

To translate the currently viewing text in the Pagelines Framework, you'll need to use the po file that Danny mentioned. You can see the text string is available for edit in our translation center - http://www.pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework/de/default?filters[term]=currently&filters[user_login]=&filters[status]=current_or_waiting_or_fuzzy_or_untranslated&filter=Filter&sort[by]=priority&sort[how]=desc

There are also translation files for Platform Pro - http://www.pagelines.com/translate/projects but i would say definitely check what theme you're using first, as our records show you purchased the Pagelines Framework Professional Edition.