Nav bar navigation drop down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 worldofmark

worldofmark

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to get multiple levels to drop down in the nav bar. Currently I have a main page --> linked to a content page --> linked to another content page. On the nav bar I see the main page along the top (home, blog, main, main, etc) then when I scroll over it drops down one level to my first content page. When I scroll to the first content page on the drop down I would like it to show the next level of content pages. On my personal website (www.theworldofmark.com) it does what I need it too (but this is on the platform pro framework... not the newer pagelines pro framework).  

Please help! 

asa-sales.com 

Mark Brown

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hi there,

The Navbar has two drop down levels as the first link in the actual bar acts as an anchor to release the drop down, not a link. This is coded by team at twitter bootstrap, unfortunately we're unable to amend that. So if you're using that setup, you'll have the top item acting as an anchor, the child item and the grandchild acting as links in the dropdown.

On the other site you're referenced it looks like you're using the classic nav in the header, instead of the navbar. The classic nav does allow the top item to act as a link as well as an anchor. So if you want to replicate this setup switch the navbar for classic nav in the header section of the drag and drop :-)

#3 worldofmark

worldofmark

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Thanks James, that worked great. I just changed to Nav Classic and it works just like I need it to. One more question, Is there anyway to change the color of Nav Classic?  It is white by default and I kind of liked the look the the black. Thanks! 

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

You’ll need to use Custom CSS (in Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS/LESS). To find the Custom CSS you need, you'll need to use Firebug (or Chrome Development tools). To learn how to use Firebug for CSS customizations, please review this entire documentation and follow the instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. For help with the background attribute, please see these instructions:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nav bar, navigation, drop down