Photo
- - - - -

Custom Page Template not showing up in Page Options

custom page template

Best Answer Danny , 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

When you create a custom page template, the template will not be available in Page Options. Page Options is only for Site Defaults and Special Pages.

If you have created a custom page template correctly, the page template will be available in Drag & Drop.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starlen

starlen

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hi - 

I've switched over to using the Base Child Theme, after reading about setting up a custom page template here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However, the template doesn't show up in Page Options for me to configure via Drag-n-Drop. Following along with other forum problems of a similar bent, I tried deactivating all plugins, and my page is called page.home.php (no dashes or extraneous characters), and it still doesn't show up.

I've set debug mode on, if that helps.

I am in WP 3.5.1 and using the most current version of the Pagelines Framework.

Thanks,
Star

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

When you create a custom page template, the template will not be available in Page Options. Page Options is only for Site Defaults and Special Pages.

If you have created a custom page template correctly, the page template will be available in Drag & Drop.

#3 starlen

starlen

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

I don't know how many times I read that and misunderstood it. Apologies, and thanks - it's right where you'd suggest it be (and not quite what I thought it was).

#4 adesouza

adesouza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hello,

I'm using a the base child theme as well, followed the same directions as OP. See attached screenshots for FTP directory, php file, and drag and drop template setup. It still not updating. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom page template