Photo
Projects

Galleries Not Displaying In Projects

Best Answer beardedavenger , 05 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

RIght on no worries! Yup just supply the ID of the category to exclude. You can get the ID of the category  by going to Posts-->Categories, and clicking "edit" on one of the categories. Then look in the URL and you'll see the ID.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Hey Nick.  I am so excited about your projects section, it's going to look amazing when I've got it working.  So, the problem I'm having is that I get this placeholder image that shows up when I don't include a gallery and as cool as that is for others, for me I'd like to get rid of it.  So, in order to do that I tried creating a gallery within a new project, exiting out of the media dialogue and then updating the project.  And, nothing happens.  No gallery is attached and the placeholder image is still there.  I've tried clearing my cache and uploading new images and adding images from my existing media but I can't seem to get the placeholder to leave.  The location is at http://transforme.ca/recent-works but it might not be up when you check as I'm not ready to launch it quite yet (currently using a different theme).

Thanks again for creating great extensions for pagelines.

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hmmm so Im kinda confused. The media gallery does not have a placeholder image at all, it just shows an admin only message that says "hey upload some files." The only placeholder image in that section is the placeholder for the main image thumb itself, for which you do need.

#3 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hey Nick,

I guess I thought that was the placeholder.  I didn't check it out while logged out.  

#4 James Giroux

James Giroux

• Members

• 123 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

You're right.  it works perfectly!  wow!  thanks and once again, I feel like an idiot.  Hey, just wondering how the 'excluding categories' thing works.  I tried to set it but things are still showing up.

#5 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:37 PM   Best Answer

RIght on no worries! Yup just supply the ID of the category to exclude. You can get the ID of the category  by going to Posts-->Categories, and clicking "edit" on one of the categories. Then look in the URL and you'll see the ID.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Projects