Photo
- - - - -

Increase Max Boxes per Row?

Best Answer mstmarie1 , 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

So here's what I did, and it was really simple. You guys have created a truly flexible framework. All I needed was 6 per row, so I copied the pagelines > sections > boxes folder to the pagelines-template-theme > sections folder. I opened up section.php and edited line 159 from

'count_number' => '5',

to

'count_number' => '6',

, published the folder (overriding the parent theme boxes section) and then my Boxes per Row selection was 1-6.

I was expecting something funky to happen, but you guys have set this framework up to be completely reactive. You've really done your homework.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 mstmarie1

mstmarie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is it possible to get more than 5 boxes per row? I mean in dropdown on the admin side where you set up the configurations on a post/page basis. I wasn't sure if these were determined by precalculated equations up to 5, or if 5 was just a variable plugged into an equation.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hi,

I think Boxes are limited to 5 per row.  However, the WP Boxer plugin allows 6.

Another option would be the Grid System.  This allows you up to 12 columns. Check this link for code and guidance:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I hope this helps.

#3 mstmarie1

mstmarie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM   Best Answer

So here's what I did, and it was really simple. You guys have created a truly flexible framework. All I needed was 6 per row, so I copied the pagelines > sections > boxes folder to the pagelines-template-theme > sections folder. I opened up section.php and edited line 159 from

to

, published the folder (overriding the parent theme boxes section) and then my Boxes per Row selection was 1-6.

I was expecting something funky to happen, but you guys have set this framework up to be completely reactive. You've really done your homework.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 19426 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm positive that if the Boxer plugin didn't meet your requirements, then Rob would have recommended creating a child Box section, like you did.

Nice job, working this out on your own!