Photo
- - - - -

Increase Max Boxes per Row?

Best Answer mstmarie1 , 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

So here's what I did, and it was really simple. You guys have created a truly flexible framework. All I needed was 6 per row, so I copied the pagelines > sections > boxes folder to the pagelines-template-theme > sections folder. I opened up section.php and edited line 159 from

'count_number' => '5',

to

'count_number' => '6',

, published the folder (overriding the parent theme boxes section) and then my Boxes per Row selection was 1-6.

I was expecting something funky to happen, but you guys have set this framework up to be completely reactive. You've really done your homework.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mstmarie1

mstmarie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines Developer

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Is it possible to get more than 5 boxes per row? I mean in dropdown on the admin side where you set up the configurations on a post/page basis. I wasn't sure if these were determined by precalculated equations up to 5, or if 5 was just a variable plugged into an equation.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hi,

I think Boxes are limited to 5 per row.  However, the WP Boxer plugin allows 6.

Another option would be the Grid System.  This allows you up to 12 columns. Check this link for code and guidance:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I hope this helps.

#3 mstmarie1

mstmarie1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:PageLines Developer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:18 PM   Best Answer

So here's what I did, and it was really simple. You guys have created a truly flexible framework. All I needed was 6 per row, so I copied the pagelines > sections > boxes folder to the pagelines-template-theme > sections folder. I opened up section.php and edited line 159 from

to

, published the folder (overriding the parent theme boxes section) and then my Boxes per Row selection was 1-6.

I was expecting something funky to happen, but you guys have set this framework up to be completely reactive. You've really done your homework.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm positive that if the Boxer plugin didn't meet your requirements, then Rob would have recommended creating a child Box section, like you did.

Nice job, working this out on your own!