Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thumbnails not displayed with excerpts!

Question

Posted · Report post

I can't get thumbnail images to display alongside the excerpts on the blog post page. The thumbnails are visable on the post page okay but not on the blog page. The thumbnails are 150 x 150 and I shrunk that down to 50% and still no images. I have tried all of the various settings in the blog post meta-and nothing seems to work also, I made sure there was no duplicate content with the meta configuration settings.
What am I missing?

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Okay, here's the problem.

Your posts do not have a featured image set.  You have included an image in the body of the post, but not set the image as the featured image.

You can see the set featured image here: http://racineinternetmarketing.com/ in the first post. When you go to it: http://racineinternetmarketing.com/mobile-marketing/5-essential-steps/ you can see both the image you added to the body of the post and the one I added as the featured image.

The reason you didn't see them in the blog page is simple.  You were displaying excerpts. The excerpt doesn't pick up images.  It's for words, not graphics, picking up the first XX words (default is 55) from the post.  It instinctively ignores HTML code to prevent coding conflicts.  So, use the Featured Image option (a WordPress function, not PageLines). 

You saw them on full length posts because the image is in the full content.  See the bit on Setting a Post Thumbnail here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails

Please remove the admin level account when you have a moment.

Posted · Report post

Did you check to make sure that thumbnails are set to appear on Posts Page in PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts?

Posted · Report post

Yes  - Here are my  Site Options setting    Site Theme is Ignite

Blog post layout

• magazine layout mode

Feature post excerpt mode

• left in excerpts

Post thumbnail Placement

• Post/Blog Page
  • Single Posts
  • Inpost Clips (Magazine Mode)

Post Excerpt Summary Handling

• Post/Blog Page

Full Post Comtent

• Search Results
  • Category Lists
  • Post Archives

Posted · Report post

Hi, everything looks correct, with one possible exception.

I'd recommend leaving all the options in Full Post Content unchecked.  There may simply be a conflict if WP is considering some posts to be archived.

Posted · Report post

Uncheck all the Full Post content and no change  What do suggest I try next?

Posted · Report post

Robin, if you'd like, create a new administrator level user and send me the credentials.  Use robert@pagelines.com.  I'll take a look to see if there's anything I can find.

Posted · Report post

just sent you an email with login info

Posted · Report post

Thanks.  It doesn't appear to be an Administrator level login though.

Posted · Report post

is now!  sorry about that

Posted · Report post

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

I really appreciate it - I now understand what was happening, I spent hours today trying to solve this problem. Again Thanks

Posted · Report post

No problem. Always a pleasure.