Photo

New Sidebar - CSS not applying

Best Answer Rob , 18 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Since you're a PlatformPro client, I'd recommend writing to hello@pagelines.com about any available discount coupons.

You can find upgrade instructions at http://support.pagelines.me/docs/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 francierandolph

francierandolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm trying to set up a new sidebar in PlatformPro.  I've been able to register the sidebar and have it show up in the admin area and also on the front end.  But then when I try to change the CSS nothing happens.  I've read that I should use the Base Child Theme to make CSS changes, but I don't understand how that affects PlatformPro, or also where to download it.

Thanks for any tips!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

The base child theme for PlatformPro is PlatformBase, which can be downloaded from your account at pagelines.com/launchpad. The CSS can be added to the style.css file via Appearance > Editor as long as PlatformBase is installed and activated.

#3 francierandolph

francierandolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thank you so much for your reply!  Do you recommend updating to the newer platform?  I've been reading that PlatforPro 1.6 is outdated.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Hi,

Yes, I heartily recommend upgrading to PageLines Framework.  As WordPress advances (which it does often), each update pushes the reach of PlatformPro to work with WordPress further away.  Eventually, it will simply stop and we won't be able to support it, most unfortunately.

The good news is that PageLines Framework has the flexibility to keep your site going, with the added opportunities to make it grow, and add new sections, sidebars, and so much more.  Framework is a vibrant, lively and strong product, giving you many unique development opportunities you couldn't achieve with Platform.  I'm confident you'll love it!

#5 francierandolph

francierandolph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for your reply.  Where can I find details on how to complete the upgrade?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:07 PM   Best Answer

Since you're a PlatformPro client, I'd recommend writing to hello@pagelines.com about any available discount coupons.

You can find upgrade instructions at http://support.pagelines.me/docs/