3 replies to this topic

#1 bcdefoe

bcdefoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

Hello,
I have three sites running the Platforms theme and when I go to the “Configure Layout Dimensions” section and click on a layout that is not the default, the ability to edit the layout disappears.  I am running the most updated version of the theme and all of the plugins in my browser have been disabled.  

Previously I did not have any sidebars on one of my sites but I have since added a sidebar on the right side at www.psycholawlogy.com.  I want to make the sidebar wider but I’m not able to because the edit section disappears.  On another site (www.viewsaroundtheworld.com) had modified the sidebar margins before so I'm confident that I had this ability before.     

I have had some email communication with some support staff already and they suggested I add an entry in the forum for the developers to take a look.   

I appreciate you resolving this for me,
Bryan 

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hello Bryan 

Could you please create an account for your site with admin privileges and send the credentials to hello@pagelines.com and we will take a look at this for you straight away. 

#3 bcdefoe

bcdefoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hello, I wanted to see if you've been able to identify what's going on.  Any luck yet?  

Thanks

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hi there, there was another client who had this same issue the other day. It was due to a js file that hadn't updated properly and was causing the layout editor to vanish. This fixed the layout issue for them.

Backup fully and export your settings/code etc, switch to the default 2012 theme and delete the current version of Platform. Go to your www.pagelines.com account and login, go to the 'your products tab'. Download a new zip of Platform and then upload into appearance>themes.

As a side note, Platform Pro is now a legacy product and as such won't receive any further updates. As time goes on and Wordpress updates you will start to notice more and more little errors crop up. It would be good to consider upgrading to the Pagelines Framework at some point in the near future. If you are interested in upgrading please drop a message to the helpdesk via the contact page, they might be able to offer you an upgrade rate as you're an existing client.