#1 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi,,

I just took over a client's site that is on PageLines.
I've hit the wall with this issue, and I know my way around Wordpress pretty well. (So much so, that I decided to buck up and pay the $197 for PL Developer so I could have access to the Forums area here.)

El Problemo:
When I embed the youtube link on client's pagelines theme in the homepage feature module, the video displays with too much black space at the top i.e. you can only see part of the video in the Features display window. The height is off.

For a test, I tried adding it to a post and the video displays normally, so the issue is localized to the Features tout and will probably require something added in the CSS.

Can someone help me fix this??

Note: I don't have it displaying on my website, alabamablackbeltadventures.org because I don't want it on the live site.

Thanks! Look forward to learning and using this platform for other projects.

• Maheleva, Pymnlism and cymboppy like this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

You're currently using Platform Pro version 1.5.0, try updating the latest version and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't then please either enable the feature on your site or take screenshots of the issue, also provide the code you're using to add the video to your feature.

#3 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for replying, Danny.

See screenshot of my Themes area.

I am supposed to activate PageLines Framework under Available Themes, correct?

This won't throw my site's customizations out of whack??

Thanks

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Your clients website is using our legacy theme called Platform Pro, you're now talking about PageLines Framework. Platform Pro and PageLines Framework are two separate themes. Therefore, like enabling any new theme, your site will take on the layout and style of that theme. When I said to update to the latest version I was referring to the latest version of Platform Pro, which is 1.6.0, updating may have fixed your issue.

So if you were to enable PageLines Framework, then your clients website will take on the default layout and style of PageLines Framework.

However, anything that can be designed in Platform Pro can be recreated in PageLines Framework. PageLines Framework is has many features, options and functionality that is simply not possible in Platform Pro. Therefore, I recommend you use PageLines Framework for your clients website.

#5 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I made the upgrade, but unfortunately, the problem persists.

See attached screenshots.

I have tried using YouTube generated embed code in both the text area as well as the Feature Media HTML field, as well as an Embed Plus plug-in's generated code, and a variety of different height/width parameter manipulations.

Any help appreciated.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpIqPa_eck0&feature=player_embedded&autoplay=1&rel=0&fs=0&loop=1&hd=1&autohide=1&playlist=1TQ_zhK6SsU&feature=player_embedded" width="400" height="400"></embed>

Attached Files

#6 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Here are more to-no-avail code variations I used (Note: YT video is here: )

[embed width="500" height="400"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpIqPa_eck0[/embed]. 

[embedplusvideo height="490" width="823" standard="http://www.youtube.c..._eck0?fs=1&hd=1" vars="ytid=JpIqPa_eck0&width=823&height=490&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=1&autoplay=1&react=1&chapters=&amp;notes=" id="ep6579" /]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/JpIqPa_eck0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

For the feature slider you should be using old embed code, such as below:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpIqPa_eck0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpIqPa_eck0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

This code is found on YouTube.  Click Share, then Embed, then make sure you have Use Old Embed Code checked.

You can also select a custom size, allowing you to fill the area of the slide. YouTube allows you to set the dimensions, then places them in the code for you to copy and paste.

Please also make sure you are not using aspect ratio for the height of the slides.

PageLines Framework also has a number of other sliders available in the Store, some of which handle videos a bit better.  Additionally, there's our shortcode options (not in a slider) found here:  http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

Also, since you're converting from PlatformPro to Framework, I'd advise checking the compatibility of your plugins with the current version of WordPress.

I hope this helps!

• dharmaduf likes this

#8 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rob,

Thanks, but it's still showing up with too much "black space" see attached.

Happy to have you log-in.

EDITED to REMOVE RESTRICTED CONTENT

#9 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Okay, I tried the "responsive" shortcode to no avail.

Someone tell me what to do to fix this, please.

It seems to be a somehwat ubiquitous PageLines issue after searching Google and the forums.

Frustrating. Almost a dealbreaker at this point.

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Carlton,

Please don't post login information in a public arena like this. It's not a good idea as this forum is searchable on Google, and that's a clear path to being hacked.

This could be a plugin conflict. I apologize, but if you'd like me to take a look, please email both the login info, and the details of how you're setting this video up on the page (and which page it's in). I will happily get in and take a look for you. My email is robert@pagelines.com

#11 carlton

carlton

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hello,

Could someone direct me to the slider recommendation (in the store) mentioned above?

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

The slider being recommended is most likely Features slider, which isn't a section available in the store because it's a free default section in PageLines Framework.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: youtube, features, video, youtube embed