• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 n3man

n3man

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if I can add a title above my banners at all? I was to have a heading for the whole banners section which says - "This week's workouts", and the have a banner for each workout.

Have tried using CSS customization and looking at it with firebug but just cant work it out!

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

Cheers,

Cam

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hi Cam,

Banners, being a section, are embedded into the layout of the page via the template.  Thus adding a title over it isn't really possible because you can't position the banner as desired. 

However, you can use other methods of accomplishing your goal such as shortcodes.  Using this method will allow you to affix a title above any shortcode intended to provide your banner.  You can even use custom shortcodes to include the buttons, text or links as you'd like them. You can apply custom CSS for them, styling and manipulating any component.

See this link for more information:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 n3man

n3man

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Sorry, I may be being daft here, but I am not sure I get it.

Are you saying that I can insert the banners wherever I want using a shortcode and thus have control over titles by putting banners, say, in a content box? If so, that page you linked doesn't show the shortcode...

Sorry again if I am slow!

Cam

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi,

There are few methods you can try.

Method one.

Use the ContentBox, in your template add the ContentBox section above your Banners section. So your template layout looks like this.

ContentBox

Banners.

Then add your title to the ContentBox.

Method two.

Do not use Banners, but use the PageLines grid instead. Using the Grid, you can easily create multiple two columns layouts similar to the Banners section using simply HTML and therefore have more control.

For example,