• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rjltaylor

rjltaylor

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Decided to jump on the bandwagon and give MAMP a try. I successfully created my PL site, imported my files and db to my host server using MAMP and Transmit.

However, local changes have since been made to the local files. I uploaded the wp-content and wp-includes using a ftp transfer via Transmit. I can see the updated files sitting on my server, however, they're not displaying on my live website. (Cache has been cleared).

Am I missing a step (or two or three) somewhere? Would really like to get the hang of this so I can actually start being productive instead of spinning my wheels. Ugh...

Thanks in advance for your patience...and support!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi there

I've not used transmit before, but i'll check it out.

Are the new files on the server using the same file path? Check in firebug to make sure the images on the site are actually coming from the hosting site and not elsewhere. Did you do a find and replace on the url's before you moved the page?

Did you follow the steps at -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 rjltaylor

rjltaylor

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Hi James,

I did follow the import-export steps to transfer from one site to another. None of the content or images carried over but it doubled everything in my menu and nav bar.

Are there other folders I should be transferring as well? I continue to make updates to the site on my localhost (pressing deadline looming) but I need to figure out this problem soon.

Should I just delete the db and start over? Ugh.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi,

I recommend you follow the instructions here - 

Or you can simply install Wordpress/PageLines on your live server and then follow the instructions here -